LegacyGT.com

grimmpeed ewg upipe

stikiller

ive got the grimmspeed ewg uppipe and at 7k miles the mesh elbow is spewing smoke. what the hell do these only really last that short of a time. any suggestions on a good ewg uppipe?

Your best bet is to call in, or send an email to support if you have an issue. I believe I heard one of our sales guys talking to you on the phone just yesterday actually, I assume they've already got it solved for you.

If it is really leaking at the mesh after 7k miles, it would be a very rare defective brand new flex joint. Double check that you're not actually leaking at the gasket between the flanges. These flex joints have a solid metal internal bellows, covered with a solid metal interlock liner, covered with the mesh. To have both of these fail in such a short interval would be rare enough to buy a powerball ticket. If it was defective from the get go that would make more sense, but it lasted 7k miles before you had an issue?

Either way, we'll take a look at it when it gets back here and see what happened with it, assuming you contacted support for a new pipe already.

Chase

Engineering

yup was talking to andy. I had to call import image because I didn't have the receipt but all is good now. I took a couple pics of the upipe and emailed your support with the pics and receipt. I am sure its not leaking at a flange I smoked my exhaust and can see smoke coming thru the mesh. I think its been leaking for awhile...at least thru this last motor build and tune...the tuner had said their is a leak somewhere I found some vacuum leaks. did another log and it got better but was still not running right so the tuner was making adjustments for that leak to make it run right then a couple days ago I started to here the exhaust get louder so I used the old sea foam trick and found the upipe leak. so it did start small then just got bigger after a few romps on the gas so I think the pressure opened it up more. ill have it pulled off this weekend to see how bad it is. thank god for your liners in the flex section!

Archived