LegacyGT.com

Ebay catback plus nice mufflers. Dumb?

xtea

I'm thinking at my power level 400/400 that my stock mid and y pipe might be a restriction. I've got a custom 3" downpipe, and avo mufflers and stock mid y. I think the easiest and cheapest way for my to bridge the 3" gap is with a $240 ebay special and sell off the mufflers for $50 or something. Actually I am thinking of putting my stock mufflers back on just quiet things down. That would probably hold me back though too.

Thanks!

I'm thinking at my power level 400/400 that my stock mid and y pipe might be a restriction. I've got a custom 3" downpipe, and avo mufflers and stock mid y. I think the easiest and cheapest way for my to bridge the 3" gap is with a $240 ebay special and sell off the mufflers for $50 or something. Actually I am thinking of putting my stock mufflers back on just quiet things down. That would probably hold me back though too.

Thanks!

This is the route I went. The ebay midpipe fits fine for the most part. I couldn't find one that had a midpipe though so I had a vibrant 3" ultra quiet resonator welded in. I had nameless 4" mufflers installed and got tured of the noise so I installed the stock cans.

I'll probably reinstall the nameless mufflers now since it's spring. For some reason, spring/summer/fall is fine for loudness, but I get tired of it in the winter, haha.

I've got avo cans which supposedly are the best sounding. I wouldn't mind having it be quieter though. Do you think the resonator affects performance at my level?

For some reason, spring/summer/fall is fine for loudness, but I get tired of it in the winter, haha.

Summertime driving:cool:

I've got avo cans which supposedly are the best sounding. I wouldn't mind having it be quieter though. Do you think the resonator affects performance at my level?

The resonator won't affect performance but I wonder how much quieter it will make the drone-prone wagon. I think the varying noise harshness among catbacks and mufflers is due to tip placement. The Borla exhaust is deemed quietest but take a look at how far out and low they sit from the bumper.

You can always add more resonators to the mid-pipe. I had a straight through / bottle style resonator wielded in-line with my OEM resonator, did an awesome job of remove the drone on my wagon.

I am running GS DP - OEM mid (with OEM resonator and vibrant bottle style) - Nameless 5 inch

Installed an ebay catback. $248 dollars of noise and bad fitment. Fitment wasn't that bad actually. Exhaust springs bolts can drown in burning lake of feces though.

Took the ebay mufflers off immediately after starting it up. No. It might as well be straight piped with those. So the Avo's went back on.

Its louder... I like it while driving, sounds like deep rumbly dragon even though I am el headers. But it might be bit too much. I go to a lot of weddings for my job and this well... If I wasn't into cars, I would imagine the person driving this vehicle to have a greasy mullet just on sound alone. I guess it sounds like v8 now. When I am full throttle oh its a wonderful roar. But its definitely louder. A bottle style resonator ain't going to do it. I doubt any low restriction resonator will do it. Hmmmmm......

Look up Classic Chambered. They have lots of options that can be used as resonators. They're mostly used for sidepipes but I've got a long one on mine and it helps a lot
'08 Legacy 2.5i - hybrid intake - delta 1000 - E85 - magnaflow exhaust

Look up Classic Chambered. They have lots of options that can be used as resonators. They're mostly used for sidepipes but I've got a long one on mine and it helps a lot

Whoa those look interesting. I don't know what I am looking at though. Which ones make sense? I'd love to completely take out the midpipe and put one of those long ones in.

One of these will help. Or run mufflers that have more packing.

What do you think of this? This is twice as along.... Might be better? Or I get both....

https://www.amazon.com/MBRP-R1017-Overall-Stainless-Resonator/dp/B000OAXOWC/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1494290167&sr=8-12&keywords=3%22+exhaust+resonator

People have used that vibrant one with success. The MBRP just looks like another bottle type. More volume resonator = more effect. My nameless mid-pipe with the long bottle resonator is pretty good at not droning.

I couldnt find a video of the powersticks that sounded good. I think im going to do an 3" vibrant ultaquiet and a long bottle style. The two together should have some affect.

Pulled the trigger on an ultraquiet and an 18" bottle style. Should sound nice deep and respectable after that. I'm actually excited to love the sound again since going equal length on the headers. I'm also worried it might be too quiet, but as the years go by that will be appreciated.

So this happend today. Vibrant bottle style 18" and Ultraquiet. Car sounds perfect now. Almost like a german sports car. Growly, lower toned, no rasp, 1/4 the drone.

I'd post pictures but I can't seem to via url or image upload

http://i.imgur.com/Q99lxb1.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjG2qFIzuE

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsd3ANaDS10

Archived