LegacyGT.com

Small scratches/smudges on center stack trim

kirkk

First post here but I've searched all over and can't find anything about this so thought I'd give it a shot.

I have a 2015 Legacy 2.5i Limited. I purchased it new in April 2015. Over the past 6 months or so I've started noticing what look like little patches of scratches or smudges in a few areas of the center stack trim piece by the AC controls. I have no idea what's causing this as it's not in an area I would even touch and I'm the only one who drives the car. I tried rubbing them with a microfiber towel and some water but that has no effect. I have no idea what is going on with this and will probably end up going to the dealer to see if they are any help but thought I'd post here first to see if anyone else has experienced something like this.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

JFU6Y7k.jpg

GC26b0W.jpg

SO0mO44.jpg

• 1 month later...

I've got the same model as you; '15 2.5i Limited. Can't say I've had anything like that happen in mine, all the silver painted trim in my car is still flawless (with one exception thanks to my brother).

It looks like something has been rubbing it, even though you say nothing has. It's an odd pattern for the paint to fade/fall off, to be sure.

Archived