LegacyGT.com

Rotated EFR 6758 tmic e85

So this dyno really hates relationships. They just got it in the last two months and it breaks hearts with reckless abandon. When they gave me my 410/400 they were basing it on comparisons to the another dyno (mustang) in town that i last did 329 on with the vf52. For example their e85 wrxs cant break 300 on their dyno. The first sheet is an example comparing an e85 wrx with mine. Another is corrected and the last plots boost. I think its crazy I break 300 torque at basically the same rpm for both turbos.

Efr 6758

Gs tmic

Id 1300

Full race elh

Modded sti up pipe

3" downpipe

Avo cans

Mac 4 port

Turbosmart dual port iwg

Custom 2.5 intake

Turbosmart bpv

Tgv deletes

Wrx topfeed rails

Aem fpr

Walboro 450

E85

IMG_7090.thumb.PNG.21f9b60ce9e922587adf9d4ecc674bc5.PNG

IMG_7091.thumb.PNG.e237dad53724cc13e10fd6aecb238223.PNG

IMG_7092.thumb.PNG.1037f3ddc5236e157c3a5fc2e0d6e931.PNG

IMG_7094.thumb.PNG.1c2980c23b5b607afa3d65b337302170.PNG

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

So, I'm a little late to the party here, but this is more or less the exact setup I want to run. Looks awesome, grats on the build!

Now that you've had some time to run around with it, whats your impression of the 6758? How is it driving it day to day, in traffic and such - not just full throttle pulls? Everyone talks about response with the EFR, and that's appealing to me.

How about that 4 port BCS, I've seen some guys use a standard 3 port, and others say the 4 port is definitely worth it. I've struggled to find solid information on it.

What was your impression of the Full Race kit, headers/downpipe? In talking to a couple of local shops, I think I'm going to mount a Killer B header and get a downpipe fabbed up as opposed to the Full Race kit. But the ease of a pre-fabbed kit is appealing...

I could keep asking questions, but I'll stop, for now...sorry 'bout that!

But grats on the setup, that is nice!

So, I'm a little late to the party here, but this is more or less the exact setup I want to run. Looks awesome, grats on the build!

Now that you've had some time to run around with it, whats your impression of the 6758? How is it driving it day to day, in traffic and such - not just full throttle pulls? Everyone talks about response with the EFR, and that's appealing to me.

How about that 4 port BCS, I've seen some guys use a standard 3 port, and others say the 4 port is definitely worth it. I've struggled to find solid information on it.

What was your impression of the Full Race kit, headers/downpipe? In talking to a couple of local shops, I think I'm going to mount a Killer B header and get a downpipe fabbed up as opposed to the Full Race kit. But the ease of a pre-fabbed kit is appealing...

I could keep asking questions, but I'll stop, for now...sorry 'bout that!

But grats on the setup, that is nice!

All you need to know is that the 6758 acts like a vf52/16g downlow and dom1.5 up top. Every now and then I think about a 7163 but I do not want to lose my early peak torque.

I went 4 port because thats whats recommended. I went dual port wastegate because of the same.

I have a custom 3" starting at my fullrace header and going all the way to my avo muffs. The uppipe is a modified sti uppipe to accept the flange. I chose the full race design because in all my research the only turbos that benefited from the larger killer b tubes are much larger turbos. Below 500hp I think fullrace/tomei/etc have the advantage.

Let me guess, the car is fun to drive...

Mustang dyno's tend to read low, but whats more important is how the car feels.

My wagon was on a mustang, I very happy with how it feels and drives for only 280AWHP.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Let me guess, the car is fun to drive...

Mustang dyno's tend to read low, but whats more important is how the car feels.

My wagon was on a mustang, I very happy with how it feels and drives for only 280AWHP.

If I had coilovers before I went vf52 Id probably still Be running it on corn. :)

nice setup/results; stock motor?

I dont have any engine bay pics because its not pretty. Its not color coordinated or painted or nothing. it's a mess of hoses and such. I'll try to get a picture. Basically the turbo is angled so a 90' silicone hose connects from the compressor outlet to the grimmspeed tmic. I had a local guy make it on the car. I used my stock blow off valve but if you use the integrated one I think you wont have a weird hose going from your bpv to the intake. I made a custom intake out of silicone hoses and k&n cone filter.

Engine is stock except for manley pistons and upgraded head bolts.

Archived