LegacyGT.com

Tire sizing

starionesir

Its time for a new set of tires. I have grids on the car. 18x8.5 with stock ride height. Running the slightly stretched 225 40 18 tires. Was thinking I like to go with something wider. Car currently doesn't have a issue breaking those tires loose.

I do have a set of coilovers that are going to be installed shortly so I don't want to run into a issue with rubbing. Wanted to go 245 35 18 but wanted to see if anyone out there had any rubbing issues with that size.

I run 235 40 18

Was also wondering if i can push it to a 45 or 245 or both

Im on bilstien hd's cobb springs, spec b cntrl arms

Gt spec tie rod kit

Largest sways, w perrin /cart-boy endlinks ....

On some 18x8.5 xxr's

Look funny? I'm assuming because of the amount of tire sticking out?

I have a friend that is repainting the rear bumper and he is going to roll my fenders while he has the car.

yeah, that and the wheel gap due to stock ride height.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see pics of 245 35 18 48mm installed with 8" wheels on the car;

My 06 LGT is lowered only slightly due to springs and about -2 camber (max on stock bolts) and wanted to go from 225 45 17 48mm x7" to something with more grip like the wrx guys, very scared about wasting money on something that might rub

nice, looking fast.

much appreciate the sharing

I'm running STX, no real power mods, felt like I need more rubber because the re71r's break loose a little too easy at 225 width. Would you say having that extra 20mm of grip makes a noticeable difference?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZoVOMmpnec

you need to work on your hand position. you shuffle the wheel too much. keep your hands at 9 and 3, and only hand over hand once when you have to.

agree 100%

still a noob, but I am working on it :)

also doing some hpde so I am working on various things, had some cooling issues recently but I'll know next month if my fixes helped or if I need to do motor work

recently worked on springs and best possible alignment on near stock setup, tires are lasting longer so I'm in a happy place, for now...

Archived