LegacyGT.com

Wishlist for the future Subies

ehsnils

• Rehire Italian designers. Stop making the cars look like Transformer toys.
  • Find someone else to give names to your cars (Levorg? Very strange...)
  • Sell Legacy GT and WRX wagons with manual transmission option in the U.S. again. This time use the new gen direct injection engines for improved fuel economy.

• Bring in the VTD transmission for the CVT.
  • Dual range on the CVT to allow for better maneuvering at low speeds (offroad and similar).
  • Hybrid vehicles.

1. Yes, more VTD Subarus please. Are the WRX and the Levorg 2.0GT the only Subarus still using VTD?

2. I thought X-Mode was a cheap (for Subaru) replacement for the dual range.

3. Not sure how I feel about this. It would like to see an improved version of the hybrid system used in the XV. But all the Subaru hybrid concepts have shown an ICE powering the front wheels and electric motors for the rear. Would a hybrid with engine powering the front and electric motors powering the back be considered a real Subaru? Or skip the Hybrid and go straight to electric vehicles.

4. How about bringing back SI-Drive for more Subarus.

Manual transmission option for the Outback and Legacy (they make them for CAN may as well reserve a few for the US)

Bump in hp for the DIT N/A cars

If the EPA and USDOT gets dismantled (emissions provisions) as promised I would like to see if any of the Japanese auto-makers will enter back into some kinda of performance mid-tier shootout

Bring Legacy GT back. The Legacy pie has grown over last few years. The LGT slice has grown proportionately. I want an LGT and just hate that I have to look at 7+ year old cars.

• Better front bumper paint

• Availability of manual transmission on all models, & trim levels. (I don't want a base model, I want a Limited or Touring with a MT!)

• Performance trim on all models

• 4 months later...
More unique styling, (GC8, Bugeye-Hawkeye etc) instead of looking like most other vehicles on the market. Though I realize this is driven by sales (what most people think they want) as well as aerodynamics/mpg. You could apply this to most manufacturers though.

2006 Legacy GT Wagon - Regamasters, Evo X Recaros, STI 6MT, Brembo 6-Pots (in progress)

@regashiii

What, you like drag races, but hate long twisty drives through a canyon or mountain road?

Have you driven a tesla, low center of gravity and excellent road feel especially in the twisties. That low slung battery does wonders for handling.

Have you driven a tesla, low center of gravity and excellent road feel especially in the twisties. That low slung battery does wonders for handling.

Might be great for handling, but your power delivery is going to drop quickly. The batteries can't handle continuous load. Good for quick shots or lower load longer term.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/tesla-model-s-p85d-at-lightning-lap-2016-feature

^^This^^ and many more reasons why I just can't understand why Screwbaru USA doesn't offer a H6/MT on anything... :spin::confused:

So I'll add that to the wishlist:

6cyl/MT combo for USDM, then long live Subaru!

Make it a dual range DCCD 6MT while you are at it! :)

For truckers - offer it in a crashbox variant!

453747.png

Archived