LegacyGT.com

Pacific Raceways Lap in 05 LGT wagon (1:43.9)

Mar 2017

2005 Legacy GT Wagon 5MT

297wHP/330wTQ @20psi PIA Tune

Tire: Yoko Advan Neova AD08R 225/40r18

Track: Pacific Raceways

Time: 1:43.9

and yes, that was a Ferrari 488 giving me the point. Obviously he was babying it out there; but still. :cool:

Mods: vf52, FIC 900 cc top feed conversion, 'bullet proof' TMIC, DW65, GS up with Tial EWG, Cobb catted dp, ZeroLift TGV delete, Bilstein HD on Swift springs, cusco sways, AP solid end links, Spec B aluminum bits, '04 STI Brembos w/ Hawk track pads and DBA rotors, '15 STI steering rack, Recaro Pole Position NG seat

It is a blast. I messed up some shifts b/c I thought i had turned on WoT shifts but didn't so had to keep telling myself to let off the gas. On the cooling issue, the overflow bottle overflowed...I started smelling burnt coolant and pulled in the paddock. The temp gauge didn't budge though. The oil did not look 'frothy' either. Hopefully a just bum radiator cap or hose, but could be HG. I let it cool off and backed the boost down to 14psi and drove it home without issue. Getting the system pressure checked right now. Fingers crossed.

I am fully aware that a stock block won't run around @20psi for ever, but was hoping to get a season out of it. I have decided to work with Craig Woolman on a new short block when the time comes.

you washed it in hot water? interesting. why did you do that?

I was joking...I did not actually wash my steering wheel in hot water. The joke, or attempted one, being that somethings, like wool socks, shrink when washed in hot water; but certainly not steering wheels.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Luckily the issue was just a bad radiator cap. I have done a couple of track days since and had no issues. I got a set of new stock radiator caps and all has been good.

Archived