LegacyGT.com

Norcal Meet 2017

wpmarky

What date should we meet and where?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. What date should we meet and where?

• When - Saturday 4/8
    • When - Sunday 4/9
    • What Area - East Bay
    • What Area - South Bay
    • What Area - Tri Valley / Concord
    • Do what - Parking lot & chill
    • Do what - Eat at a restaurant/brewery
    • Do what - Go kart racing
    • Do what - install day
    • Do what - cruise & photoshoot

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks like lunch somewhere in the east bay + a cruise are leading. Anyone know a good place to meet up for food & pics?

Faction Brewery in Alameda is the first place that comes to mind for me. Good beer, nice views of SF skyline for pics, ample parking. They usually have a food truck on site for food, or you can bring your own food as well. You pass by an in n out on the way there. Outdoor seating so it's dog friendly, kids are also welcome. Could also bring our own grill if someone has one.

I threw in my 2 cents.

I'm down if we do something that is dog-friendly. Saturday's are better for me.

A local in Campbell, nice. I moved down to the Cambrian/Branham area not too long ago, with plans to move to Saratoga/Campbell in a few more months. I have a neighbor nearby with an 09 SWP LGT I keep meaning to chat with. I see quite a few GT's these days; WRX/STI of course all day long.

Faction looks like it could be a cool place to start for sure. Definitely good picture opportunities in the area as well. We could also figure out either a short cruise earlier in the day and have it end at Faction or start at Faction and cruise from there. I'm up for either one.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Faction looks like it could be a cool place to start for sure. Definitely good picture opportunities in the area as well. We could also figure out either a short cruise earlier in the day and have it end at Faction or start at Faction and cruise from there. I'm up for either one.

We may want to finish the cruise before the beers. The other way around may end up with someone going :spin::spin::eek::confused::mad:

The great boxkita is coming to your area in the next day or two. Like evening on march 28 or 29. Any one up for a meet?

No, I won't have a wagon, nor will I have the sonic. Some rental suv so I can carry parts home.

What part of these parts are you gonna be in?

Car & van booked (1 or the other). Leaving early on Tuesday for a 7pm motor pickup in Berkley. Have a motor pickup (maybe) in Portland at 5pm on Wednesday. Don't ask. It's how I roll.

Drive time is about 14 hours one way (google says 12 hours, but it lied about the Thunderhill trip). As long as I get a few hours sleep Tuesday night/wednesday morning, I'm good.

This is the planned route, so the closer we can meet to it, the happier I'll be.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/burien/University+of+California,+Berkeley,+Berkeley,+CA+94720/@43.5776833,-123.2258154,8.46z/am=t/data=!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x54904356e4201445:0xf43cfa241e06db21!2m2!1d-122.3405305!2d47.4668384!1m5!1m1!1s0x808f7718c522d7c1:0xda8034ea3b6b3289!2m2!1d-122.2585399!2d37.8718992

Not sure I'll have time Tuesday - maybe. Just got done driving past/through Berkeley twice yesterday.. Not sure I want to do that again so soon.

I find that google usually under-estimates the time (it figures speed limit, whereas I'm often +5-10), but you're gonna hit some traffic aiming for a 7:00 pm arrival in Berkeley.

radar detector, gps, and a dodge ram pickup. I'm looking for a cannonball run type trip. :-)

I'm hoping ppl are leaving the city on the way in, and will be done leaving by the time I head north again. It doesn't have to be berkley as the meet location. Y'all live there.

Where's some place we can meet up that easy to get to around 8pm? I'm not up for much off my route, so a golden gate meetup is not happening.

Last time I did a meet in LA, we met in a shopping center.

Boxkita keep an eye out on the northbound lanes as your going through central and southern Oregon. I'll be heading north tomorrow and shooting for a 7pm arrival in Skagit county. Will probably be later due to traffic though.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Boxkita keep an eye out on the northbound lanes as your going through central and southern Oregon. I'll be heading north tomorrow and shooting for a 7pm arrival in Skagit county. Will probably be later due to traffic though.

Turns out its not that far or long. Depending on time you leave I might be following.

Nav says I'm due in Berkeley at 3pm today.

Archived