LegacyGT.com

SpecB on EBay

TYNY

For the record i predicted this awhile back in one of the spec.b threads ;)

I should send him an email offering him invoice for it ;)

Thanks for the offer, but even though reserve is not $38k, if someone wants to buy it for that much, why should I stop them? MSRP is $35,476

Let's remember that people were paying $25k for an $18k New Beetle and PT cruiser when they came out...and they were not a limited edition vehicle. I am selling new 2006 STI's at invoice. I have 17 people watching, two appointments for the week to look at it in person first before buying for sure and the auction still has til monday sometime.

Look at autotrader or even other vehicles on ebay and see how many people are asking a lot for their vehicles...then find out how much they actually sold it for..usually not the same.

I had a 2005 WRX with some add-ons...borla hush cat back, cobb ap, exterior stuff, greddy gauges, etc and ended up selling it for $25k with 11,000 miles...I ONLY PAID $22,100 for it brand new!

As the saying goes "there is a butt for every seat". I don't expect it to sell for $38k but there is always a chance someone will want it that bad...why should I stop them from having the car they want?

Plus, even if it doesn't sell on ebay...we are out $50..big deal.

We usually at least try to put all specialty vehicles (600hp corvette Z06, 197x Cadillac conv. with 50k on it, 1969 camaro with about 650hp, first 2006 STI, inexpensive used WRX's, and other specialty cars) on Ebay at some point just to see if they sell quickly. If not, we have a good market for this type vehicle and don't expect it to be here that long, but since the powers that be said to put it on...it is on there.

price gouging is so insulting...not only is the spec b way over priced in the first place, for 38 why wouldnt someone want a nice new, BMW?

I hope that dealer chokes on the car.

We also sell BMW's and the only one that is actually made without having annoying problems is the 5 series. The 3 series has too many little problems...swithes going bad, interior pieces coming apart, etc. I see each service ticket for every vehicle that passes through our service depts and the BMW's just dont do as well as many think.

I would like someone to find the options and everthing that the Spec B (or even an LGT LIMTED) on a 2006 330i for under $37k.

I think Subaru is built better because they run as long or longer than a BMW without having to have everything replaced under the warranty. BMW pretty much rebuilds each car under warranty with having even maintenance covered in the warranty...no wonder they go forever...for 50k, they replace nearly anything you sneeze about.

Subaru owners are generally good about taking car of their cars, but my sister had a 1990 Legacy L sedan and put 325,000 miles on it was lucky to change the oil every 7k. only ever replaced a lifter and a brake caliper on that car. My mom bought it in 1991 with 10k on it.

For the record, i'm all for free enterprise and if you can get 38k for it, then thats fine with me. However for 38k i would buy a 330i :)

I think the issue most people have is that with various rebates / promotions people were driving out of dealers in fully loaded 05 gts for 25-26 grand which would put the spec.b at that price at a 10 grand+ premium.

But again, being a limited run of 500, if kept to low milage and maintained could probably turn out to be a decent investment.

Especially since tri snout legacies are coming :)

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

I am not looking forward to the tri snout Legacy. I guess it is ok on the WRX, but like the LGT as it is.

Heck, I just bought an LGT limited 5 speed and only paid $23,600 for it. Yes, $38 (or even $36,500) is a lot for it, but if the market will stand it and someone will pay it, go for it. Personally, I wouldnt. I would take that extra $10k + and use it for mods to the car -- be a lot faster and handle better for that kind of money.

I think for that money, they should have at least put the STI brembo brakes on the car ...and maybe added some HP to it, but then again, I dont design or build them...

The new 330i looks great, but they are still have some quality issues with them at the dealerships and I am not crazy about the history of the 3 series since I have now worked at a dealership that sells them. even the M3's have their own issues...fast and nice car, but too many headaches and things that would annoy me if I were in a $50k + vehicle.

I agree about the investment part, but than again, 99% of the time, a vehicle is the worst investment.

I agree about the investment part, but than again, 99% of the time, a vehicle is the worst investment.

Well yes, i dont think anybody would make a profit off buying a spec.b and keeping it nice for a few years.. My point was more that compared to a regular LGT they might take less of a resale hit.. aka recoup more of their orig cost, nobody is going to make a profit on one years down the road. :)

And for the record i was just teasing about the invoice thing.. if you thought this thread was bashing you havent seen a lot of the threads around here yet ;)

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

My dealership said 36K with no acceptions of money taken off.....no trade ins either

what is their MSRP?

I dont understand why they wouldnt take a trade. it is worth what it is worth...there just isnt room for over-allowing on trade in value with this vehicle if you are not discounting at all.

so if someone had a 2005 STI paid for to trade in on the Spec B and would take $24k for it on trade, the dealership would say no? that doesnt make much sense from a dealers standpoint.

Well yes, i dont think anybody would make a profit off buying a spec.b and keeping it nice for a few years.. My point was more that compared to a regular LGT they might take less of a resale hit.. aka recoup more of their orig cost, nobody is going to make a profit on one years down the road. :)

agreed.

He said 36K only because there is only 500 made and they want full asking price. I really didnt pay attention to much with being excited about getting my car that night and also gazing into the sales reps eyes.....LOL

Sorry Amigo, I can pm you his info if you are interested in talking to him....

what is their MSRP?

I dont understand why they wouldnt take a trade. it is worth what it is worth...there just isnt room for over-allowing on trade in value with this vehicle if you are not discounting at all.

so if someone had a 2005 STI paid for to trade in on the Spec B and would take $24k for it on trade, the dealership would say no? that doesnt make much sense from a dealers standpoint.

Archived