LegacyGT.com

Tuning for EBCS/EWG

MasAyinde

So since my VF52 loves to overboost and thinks that all exhaust is meant for the turbine, I've decided to slap on my EWG and EBCS this week. I've read different things about tuning, some saying that timing needs to be pulled back 2-3 degrees across the board, some saying that all that is needed is to zero out WGDC tables and tune boost using TDI/boost targets. I have my IWD table set at 5 degrees everywhere and my max set at 20 everywhere. Is this fine to start doing some pulls with those new parts or should I also be pulling back timing?

What is your target boost? What is your wastegate spring pressure? I'd recommend taking out a couple degrees of timing until you get a handle on the boost control. Start with both wgdc zero'd out and do a WOT log in 3rd gear. This way you can see how the boost profile of the turbo looks and start building your wgdc table for it. If your target boost is 20 PSI and your wastegate spring is 1 bar, a rough starting point would be 20% initial wgdc and 35% max wgdc at WOT.

Archived