LegacyGT.com

2018 Legacy Facelift

Perscitus

Still meh as expected, but at least the headlights look a bit more aggressive and interesting, and the interior seems more cohesive with less mashed up materials and textures.

Front fog area, bumper lines, headlight tweaks are in-line with the 2018 WRX/STI facelift and better executed.

Rear bumper took a turn for the worse with the plastic fantastic aero kit.

Bring on the 2020 2.5L or 3.0L DIT (sadly no hope for a BRZ-inspired DI/PIT), or better yet -plug-in electrics.

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/02/02/2018-subaru-legacy-fascia-chassis-updates/#slide-4424938

http://www.carscoops.com/2017/02/can-you-spot-changes-on-facelifted-2018.html

2018-Legacy-13.thumb.jpg.f0bd0d2f125c57616c1bc7d897dac20e.jpg

I wish they'd get their interior color scheme together. I don't really understand the use of such an odd color for the ivory interior.

http://i.imgur.com/yanqwan.jpg

I was telling Humble Rumble about this the other day. I noticed his door molding between the pillar an door is black, not a strange tan color. Was telling him how the roof lining and pillars are a different color from the seats, doors, etc. If all the light parts of the interior could be the color of the pillar, I'd be just peachy.

Rated ~237.4 hp @ 5.6K RPM and 258.1 ftlbf @ 2.4-3.6K RPM

vs USDM WRX CVT ~260 hp @ 5.6K RPM and 258ftlbf @ 2K RPM

Likely just de-tuned like the FXTs and non-JDM WRX, Levorg GT.

And in part also a function of fuel quality and reporting power outputs in different regions of the world (not just a unit conversion item).

Still as close to a 6tg gen LGT as we will ever get before the 7th gen and perhaps ever.

Leave it to SoJ to offer the BS/BN gen cars with the FA20DIT and HTCVT in China only...

http://www.subaru-china.com.cn/legacy/index.html

http://www.subaru-china.com.cn/legacy/paraList.html

I've heard from Subaru Techs the FA20 has been having some problems because of the DI, the intake is getting carboned up by the EGR, without the injectors to clean it, 15-20k miles you'll see a 15-20hp drop compared to new.

I like the interior. Still wished for android auto. Also noticed no heated steering wheel. Exterior I still like ours better.

It's getting Android Auto/Apple Car Play, the 2017 Impreza was the first to get it

I've heard from Subaru Techs the FA20 has been having some problems because of the DI, the intake is getting carboned up by the EGR, without the injectors to clean it, 15-20k miles you'll see a 15-20hp drop compared to new.
Lots of posts on that over on NASIOC, too - with the issue showing up quickly (as in 15k miles quick!) - walnut blasting appears to be the sure fire cure (but it will be back) - there are EGR disconnect kits, but I haven't read how well they solve the problem. (it's a DI issue - not subaru specific - eventually someone will figure it out and solve the problem.

Lots of posts on that over on NASIOC, too - with the issue showing up quickly (as in 15k miles quick!) - walnut blasting appears to be the sure fire cure (but it will be back) - there are EGR disconnect kits, but I haven't read how well they solve the problem. (it's a DI issue - not subaru specific - eventually someone will figure it out and solve the problem.

Hell, eliminating the EGR all together would be nice, several manufacturers have been able to and end up making more power since you aren't recycling hot exhaust fumes.

Until then, I wonder if Toyota’s D-4S direct- and port-injection system(found in the new 18 Camry) might be the answer? Or maybe a single throttle body injector in addition to DI?

The minor refresh seems fine - I think this generation Legacy is the best the model's ever looked.

Good to see CarPlay and Android Auto - the new center stack looks nice as does the stitched dash.

Not a huge fan of the exhaust cutouts but will have to see them in person.

Debating between the 2018 3.6R and the 2018 WRX for a purchase later this year.

wgb113 welcome to the forum!

I think this generation Legacy is the best the model's ever looked.
It has grown on me over the years. Definitely better looking than the previous gen (the one i am driving :icon_cry:). Would upgrade by now but find 3.6R acceleration numbers just not inspiring. Hoping the next gen will look just as good or better and the acceleration will improve. Will buy in a heartbeat or two.

Meanwhile I am watching a bunch of videos of the 2012+ BMW 328i Wagon with 2.0T.

• 2 weeks later...
I like the 3rd gen, though the 4th gen took that decent design and made it sharper and sleeker.

Agreed. I owned and modded a lot of 3rd gens. My 4th gens have been nice, too. I was on the fence with my 5th gen, but the refresh made it look a lot better. The 6th gen would be perfect if they offered a wagon and a turbo and decent transmission choices.

Archived