LegacyGT.com

Gears and Gasoline, back in a Legacy GT!

Dude. I wanted those wheels so bad lol. The closest style i can find to them are the Focal F04 wheels. Which is what ill end up getting to replace the xxr's. Looking forward to this build though!

I'm debating selling the wheels, I still have the advan RS's from my spec.B so I might use those instead..

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Just a quick update.. found out from the previous owner to the previous owner that the body of the car had some water damage from the windows being left down. upon tearing into the wiring underneath the dashboard, it appears that the previous owner might have changed out the dash board with all new wires, but the BIU is still the original and appears to have some water damage, which would explain why it's not reading. Waiting on a new BIU and matching ECU and we'll see if that works!

37835247765_ef76aee66e_b_d.jpg

The car runs!!! I haven't told anybody yet, so you guys are the first to know :) It turned out to be a couple missing grounds and the fuel pump relay was corroded. so I swapped that out and it fired for the first time! It's a 100% Brand new motor so I'm a bit nervous about treating it right. I might sure it had oil cycled through with just the starter motor first. However, it's not all sunshine and rainbows.

Its making a bad grinding noise while running. So I haven't left it on for more than a few seconds. I replaced the starter with a different starter that I had but the noise is still there. It sounds like it's coming from the back of the engine. My next thing to check is to see if the transmission has fluid in it :/ wupps. It's a 6 speed swap with what appears to be an 08 STI. No dipstick. Does anybody have a good easy way to check to see if it has fluid it in without unbolting the drain plug?

• 2 weeks later...
You sure the clutch assembly is in good shape?

I'm not. From what I can see through the bottom by bending that little plate back it looks like the pressure plate is all fine but flywheel bolts could be loose.

Also something I'm semi concerned about that you guys might be able to clarify. Could a WRX clutch and flywheel fit on that assembly? (it's a JDM 08 sti 6 speed trans), and if it could fit on there then maybe that's my issue? maybe there's a wrx clutch and flywheel in there?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just watched part 3 of your build on your channel. Looks like you bought quite the headache! Hoping it turns out for the best. I would be in the same boat as you trying to chase those electrical gremlins!

RE: Clutch - this may help

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1772793

I believe the 02-05 WRX clutch can be used with the JDM STi trans, but depending on the year of the trans you may not be able to use it. Food for thought.

With what you've been through so far, maybe a new clutch setup would just be the smarter move. I would go with the proper clutch setup and move on from there, it just seems to make sense since so much of this car has been a lesson in frustration.

Good luck as always, love the youtube channel!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived