LegacyGT.com

05 Legacy BP5 GT Limited - 07 JDM BP5 Legacy Tuned By STI conversion project

I bought all the original black pieces from Subaru of Japan.

So you got them new from Subaru Japan? Were they a major ripoff? Definately worh it regardless of price. The standard black pillars are pretty crap so recommend just wrapping your original ones. Has a way more premium feel.

Edited by Andy_Mac

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking awesome! You've always been helpful to others on this forum on sourcing parts so I'm not too surprised how much of an awesome parts parade you've got going on here tho some are blowing my mind!!

So you got them new from Subaru Japan? Were they a major ripoff? Definately worh it regardless of price. The standard black pillars are pretty crap so recommend just wrapping your original ones. Has a way more premium feel.

Was not a rip off. Pricing was fair. It was the shipping that can cost alot. But it's worth it in my opinion.

The JDM rear fog was a particularly interesting hurdle to jump. The EDM LHD Legacy has the correct stalk. However the rear fog switch is spring loaded and when wired up with a simple ground and relay it works but doesn't stay on unless you hold the switch in the "on" position. So Adan @AQMOTORSPORTS figured to add an additional relay to allow the switch to read on and off depending on when you activate the spring loaded switch. So far I cannot say anything less than ADAN is truly a Subaru Master Tech who can pretty much figure out or modify anything you need while keeping it OEM. His knowledge of the RHD and LHD cars differences is immense and he also has performed complete RHD swaps. But the best part of his business is the value and fairness he brings to the table. He was exceptionally fairly priced for all the work he did. I'm very thankful to have such a masterful technician close to my residence.

i'm going to be doing this next month. i'll try to document it as best as possible. got some pointers from adan (thanks valley), but short of me taking my car out to LA, i'm going to have to wing it.

a lot of headliner fabric are available .

[ATTACH]248072[/ATTACH]

Thank you Madrig for hooking me up with the left over headliner material. I will be sending this to the body shop where their upholstery professional will perform the work.

After examining the sunroof controls of the 05 LGT Wagon, I realized they are different than the Sedan sunroof controls. The Wagon utilizes one button that issues 4 commands. Open, Close, Tilt, Close. The Sedan controls are separate. (1) button for tilt and close and (1) button for open and close.

This creates an issue for finding an OEM Black sunroof control console as it doesn't exist since JDM Tuned By STI Legacy didn't come with sunroof. Then I discovered that the 2011+ STI has Black Sunroof controls!

Here is the Legacy Wagon Sunroof control

35620438422_dc806eb81b_n.jpg

35620438232_7220882106_n.jpg

Here is the Legacy Sedan Sunroof Control

35401349570_f2cd1a4afd_n.jpg

35789820795_0dc0724618_n.jpg

Here is the 2011 STI Black Sunroof Control

35401349860_2d12e9cfb6_n.jpg

35401349650_87091c4e35_n.jpg

It appears that in the Sedan version, the number of wires for communicating the operation of the sunroof is the same as the Wagon. Since the shape of the BLACK STI controls is the same as the LEGACY SEDAN and the size is the same as the LEGACY WAGON. I have asked ADAN - AQ MOTORSPORTS to examine the wiring diagram and to see if a swap is possible. Yes I will still have to paint the Passenger airbag indicator black but that is the least of my worries. If the controls can be swapped and rewired, it will make a nice addition to have the all black interior look of the Tuned By STI Legacy Wagon.

Edited by valleylegacy

the sti map light is plug and play for the sunroof , the other swicth is left blank . on the sti black map light the center section is not removable like the legacy . but you can still transfet the light , with a little work .

33395483623_66c3234e4a_k.thumb.jpg.e336e265b5e6e0d62a7892fcd57332a3.jpg

Don't ask how I was able to find these from Japan but I did and I can tell you they feel amazing when you sit in them. Yes they are going into the car. Yes they come with side airbags. Yes Adan at @AQ Motorsports knows how to make them work with swapping in the Weight detection system for the passenger side and it's going to be awesome.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa141/elisliquorstore/JDM%20BP5%20Tuned%20by%20STI%20build/IMG_7314_zpsarvhomm1.jpg

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa141/elisliquorstore/JDM%20BP5%20Tuned%20by%20STI%20build/IMG_7315_zpssfq0sjh9.jpg

These seats being from Japan. Wouldn't that reverse the levers for adjustment making the passenger the driver side seat.

These seats being from Japan. Wouldn't that reverse the levers for adjustment making the passenger the driver side seat.

Correct. The seats have been installed and they work perfectly. Had to transfer over the entire weight detection system from the passenger side and the SRS ECU was re-calibrated. Adan at AQ MOTORSPORTS did all the work and the seats operate without any issues.

Wouldn't the belts determine position?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We swapped over the position sensor from the drivers side and applied it to the JDM passenger side. The seats work perfectly.

and also the side seat adjustments would be on the inner side and probably unreachable.

The seats were installed without issue. The seat adjustment levers are on the outside in the correct position when you install them the right way. You simply use the JDM Driver as the passenger and the JDM passenger as the USDM driver side.

The seats were installed without issue. The seat adjustment levers are on the outside in the correct position when you install them the right way. You simply use the JDM Driver as the passenger and the JDM passenger as the USDM driver side.

That is what I was figuring as far as which seat goes where but does the driver seat offer more adjusment over the passenger?

That is what I was figuring as far as which seat goes where but does the driver seat offer more adjusment over the passenger?

I honestly have not had much time in them yet to answer that. I wold imagine yes you are correct cause the driver side in Japan is RHD and the seat would have the lumbar support and possibly height adjustment. I'll chime in more when I actually get the car back and do a full review.

I cant wait for this to be completed.

You have no idea how impatient I'm getting! The body shop is backed up with other cars so though mine has been diassembled, the priming hasn't even started yet. Plus there are door dents, dings, and other minor body parts that need a little repair. So it looks as though I won't have the car back till about mid June. I estimate completion which includes tuning the car won't be till about end of June.

Scored a really hard part to find. It's no longer in production. Thank you @thisisthenewsic for selling yours to me!

Legacy STI Defi 3 gauge performance pack

Part Number - H5010AG000

35749072196_36e79c976f_b.jpg34949446794_aeda0424de_b.jpg

Edited by valleylegacy

wow, those white pins locate it to the plastic frame within the dash. cool idea for rough X/Y alignment and a firm Z alignment. and then it looks like 4 locating points on the front to align to the opening.

good ideas right there for cubby replacement parts. wish you could 3d scan the exterior...

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

wow, those white pins locate it to the plastic frame within the dash. cool idea for rough X/Y alignment and a firm Z alignment. and then it looks like 4 locating points on the front to align to the opening.

good ideas right there for cubby replacement parts. wish you could 3d scan the exterior...

I'm going to have to take mine out when I get my dash and airbag replaced. You could scan it then if you have the capability.