LegacyGT.com

5th Gen GT - Power Roadblocks and Solutions

You really want to add a 3-port BCS if upgrading the turbo. If you're sticking in the 300whp range the stock injectors are okay, though I'd upgrade the pump to be sure fuel pressure is not falling down at high rpm / injector duty cycle. If you intend to max out an 18G or 20G turbo then you either need both injectors and pump, or meth injection. FMIC is a huge improvement on these cars, a bigger TMIC not so much but still useful.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You really want to add a 3-port BCS if upgrading the turbo. If you're sticking in the 300whp range the stock injectors are okay, though I'd upgrade the pump to be sure fuel pressure is not falling down at high rpm / injector duty cycle. If you intend to max out an 18G or 20G turbo then you either need both injectors and pump, or meth injection. FMIC is a huge improvement on these cars, a bigger TMIC not so much but still useful.

Would a DW200 surfice? If running at around 300whp what advantages would an upgraded TMIC/FMIC gain me, Thanks for the help btw!

I think we covered the basics with intercooling in the first post. An aftermarket TMIC basically gives you more heat capacity so it doesn't heat soak as fast. Means you can go on a longer fang before IAT starts spiking and performance drops off. An FMIC is better heat rejection which means you get better intercooling from the get-go, and heat soaking takes way longer than with any TMIC. This means more performance even at the start of a fang and possibly even no noticeable heat-soaking during the sort of time you can reasonably drive that hard on public roads.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

• 4 weeks later...
Im new to the forums. Thank you fahr_side for this post. i have a 2011 legacy gt. i got the cobb accesport im running the stage 1 93 ots tune, gfb byass, and cut the mufflers off mainly for noise and the stock tips didnt fit the bumper right imo. i want to go stage 2. if i run the cobb stage 2 ots tune with a catless invidia pipe will i have a cel? i know a custom tune would be best but from what ive read here i should hold out for custom tune till i get an 18g bnr turbo and injectors/pump seeing how thats the route i want to take and my local tuner wants $500. this is my daily and not a race car. just want to get the most out of it for my money. i emailed cobb the same question but havent heard back. ive been using the search but havent found an answer. thanks in advance for any help

Im new to the forums. Thank you fahr_side for this post. i have a 2011 legacy gt. i got the cobb accesport im running the stage 1 93 ots tune, gfb byass, and cut the mufflers off mainly for noise and the stock tips didnt fit the bumper right imo. i want to go stage 2. if i run the cobb stage 2 ots tune with a catless invidia pipe will i have a cel? i know a custom tune would be best but from what ive read here i should hold out for custom tune till i get an 18g bnr turbo and injectors/pump seeing how thats the route i want to take and my local tuner wants $500. this is my daily and not a race car. just want to get the most out of it for my money. i emailed cobb the same question but havent heard back. ive been using the search but havent found an answer. thanks in advance for any help

If you want to get the most for your money, save that DP for the turbo upgrade. Running the stage 1 tune is going to get you pretty close to max power with the stock turbo. Get your BNR and DP installed and tuned for together. Also consider an intercooler upgrade for the time being. You will have to tune for the turbo, so might as well save that money for when you need a tune.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So much valuable information regarding turbo setup & fuel system I found here.... thank you very much to @fahr_side & others in your contribution for this thread... it is defenitely worth reading on it.... i really apreciate this... thank u so much...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk