LegacyGT.com

2007-2009 Spec.B Production Numbers

• 3 weeks later...
I'm one of the very few RRP/RRM (it's debatable).

Show Off...Really you have a great looking car. The rest of us are jealous :)

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is the right place for this but can anyone tell me if the wing mirrors on 2008 Legacy will be suitable for a 2007?

Needing to replace one as someone’s decided to clip mine!

Thanks in advance

Edited by Wingmirrorman
Spelling

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is the right place for this but can anyone tell me if the wing mirrors on 2008 Legacy will be suitable for a 2007?

Needing to replace one as someone’s decided to clip mine!

Thanks in advance

Yea, pretty much the wrong thread. May be one of he MOD"s can move this to the 4th Gen Forum.

This is one place to check https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/subaru-oem-parts-catalog-online-exploded-views-opposed-forces-130411.html

Or most dealers websites these day's have links in the Parts Dept to OEM parts on-line.

www.caar-part.com is a good place to get used from.

Oh, Welcome to the Forum

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

As of Thursday 6/7/2018, checking in as one of 16 2009 SWP Spec Bs :) Previous owner had installed aftermarket catted downpipe, 3" catback exhaust, and gotten a tune good for (claimed) 325hp; car is in immaculate condition with great service history, and otherwise stock. 118,3xx as she sits now. Glad to be part of the club!

nNsEE08.jpg?1

I guess I have 2/16 Satin White Pearl 2009 Spec.B's. I knew it was rare- but this is just nuts. Mine is one of the American ones that I imported to Canada when it was new. im at 88,000 miles with a few mods. Sti Pink Springs, Whtieline sway Bars, AVO Braces, 06 STi Brembo's, and a custom turbo JMP made using the Subaru housing and mitsubishi Evo internals. I love this car!!

p2QtgBT.jpg

As of Thursday 6/7/2018, checking in as one of 16 2009 SWP Spec Bs :) Previous owner had installed aftermarket catted downpipe, 3" catback exhaust, and gotten a tune good for (claimed) 325hp; car is in immaculate condition with great service history, and otherwise stock. 118,3xx as she sits now. Glad to be part of the club!

nNsEE08.jpg?1

I guess I have 2/16 Satin White Pearl 2009 Spec.B's. I knew it was rare- but this is just nuts. Mine is one of the American ones that I imported to Canada when it was new. im at 88,000 miles with a few mods. Sti Pink Springs, Whtieline sway Bars, AVO Braces, 06 STi Brembo's, and a custom turbo JMP made using the Subaru housing and mitsubishi Evo internals. I love this car!!

p2QtgBT.jpg

Nice. I am partial as well to the SWP since that is what I have. Not a SpecB though since I wanted an automatic. Bought this car one year ago with 36K on the odometer. One year and 20K miles later I can say this is the most trouble free vehicle I have ever owned.

Edit - not sure why the picture is sideways. Even if I edit/rotate and re-upload it still wants to be sideways.

20180618_161550.thumb.jpg.c4ae22efd3e73c6abc2c53eb8b6dc274.jpg

Edited by 59ctd

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

At 9:38AM Pacific Time this morning my brain got totally scrambled. That's when I looked at the manufacture date for my relatively new to me 08 specB.

Last Sept I bought what I was told is an 08 specB

The VIN says it's an 08 specB

I've confirmed the bits and pieces an 08 specB is supposed to have

Everything says it's an 08 specB

... so can someone tell me why it has an 04/07 manufacture date?

The Legacy/Liberty B4 platform is an awesome car around the world. Some very cool parts and pieces are available for it from Subaru and STi. I'd like to do some mods to the car with them. Easy international shipping sure is nice nowadays.

One thing I came across was that some JDM part's were "type" specific. Huh? More searching led me to believe it had to do with manufacture date. For me the important ones were I believe type-D Mar 07 to Mar 08, type-E Mar08 to Mar09, type-F Mar09 to Mar10. Or, some such. Kept finding parts that fit "B4 BL type D", etc.

So, out I go to the car this morning and I see 04/07!?!?! Two hours of thorough searching all over the international internet and I have no answer for the difference. Was this 08 car actually built that early in 07?

This thread is the best place I know to drop this post.

Can anyone shed some light? Heck, I may not of even correctly deciphered what the "type" is supposed to mean. Thanks. Resbum