LegacyGT.com

Reverse 5EAT SportShift direction

So I've always felt that the sportshift in my 05 LGT was unnatural in the sense that I always want to 'pull' the shifter (towards the rear of the car) to upshift 1>2 and 'push' (front of car) to downshift 2>1. Most cars are this way and after I tried to find someone else that has done this I couldn't come up with anything of use so here is a little walkthrough for it.

First things first, remove the shifter trim. It would help if you removed the radio trip bezel and plastic kick panel to give you more room but I didn't do it cause I was lazy.

1. Once you get all that out of the way you will see this white plastic piece on the left side of the shifter circled in red).

Remove it but be careful not to break the clips like I did.

The clips are by the blue notations. Just pinch a little and pull straight out.

*This is where the kick panel removal would help as well as the reinstallation.*

2. Once the piece is off you will see the two sportshift contact points that tell the TCU to shift up/down in green. Just pop these off and switch them. The front one's wires will be pretty short and not much to work with but it will still be manageable.

3. This little black box in yellow likes to pop off the white plastic piece so you gotta kinda hold it there while reinstalling or put some double sided tape between it and the white plastic piece.

4. Pop the white plastic piece back on and voila! Done.

5. Button everything back up and go correctly drive your 'racecar'

1.thumb.jpg.98c7d7257841167237e3a1d5e5c4c78f.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.45c9715e369c4af397b0dcb9e700ac2f.jpg

Nice work! Seems easy enough, I might try this myself

Does this also switch the indicators above?

I'm worried about others driving the car with them reversed.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks.

If you mean the + and - on the grey plastic next to the shift lever itself then no. You might be able to swap those too but I swapped for a manual shift surround with a shift boot so you don't see any of that except what's on the instrument panel

Yes true, I would disapprove of others driving my car in sport shift. Hell, who am i kidding, no one else drives it

As a natural born button pusher,

I'm more concerned about the bozo

mechanics who move it from the garage to the lot wherever you get work done. . .

If they're gonna run it hard I'd rather it go as prediced and avoid the trouble.

No problem. Plus I think the manual surround and boot look SOOO much better than that gay auto surround. Also just waiting for my redline goods leather shift boot to arrive and it will look a lot better!

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally got around to doing this....randomly

I wasn't activity looking for a manual shroud, but on a photo shoot at a salvage yard I found a lgt with an intact interior, including the manual shroud. Owners let me walk out with tons of interior trim fo free!

It was in terrible shape though so I hit it with some coarse steel wool and now it looks like a poor mans brushed aluminum...but don't look too hard.

I broke the front lower tab, it still feels solid with 2 intact tabs - that plastic is super brittle. I found you can go down through the shifter channel and pry tabs from the back as well. uploadfromtaptalk1497581570728.jpg.e3dc407e4647db0474fbcecf287ec2cd.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1497581611434.jpg.07f4b2676e0338decfd8c55029a64474.jpg

Archived