LegacyGT.com

Does my Eyesight really need calibrated ?

Today I just has my windshield replaced under insurance. I was sure to get the OEM windshield as recommended.

As everyone suggested though, as I went though the claim process, my eyesight will lose its abilities after the replacement. Last week I made a appointment at my closest dealer. The Service rep told me over the phone that I needed to have it calibrated.

But, after the replacement, I have been able to use everything with out issue. I got the car to stop on its own about 7 times. The ACC and Lane departure works, and so does the pre collision throttle management system. No warning lights or anything.

The dealer is a little less then two hours away and it seems like I'll have to forward the cost of the service for my insurance. So, I am thinking if I can't find any issue then why go through all this trouble.

Does anyone have any experience with this issue? I mean, if this thing has a chance of stubbing up that I'll go ahead and handle it while the claim is open. But, if I am just wasting my time....

Thanks!

... if this thing has a chance of stubbing up that I'll go ahead and handle it while the claim is open. But, if I am just wasting my time....

It is possible that your EyeSight is still perfect as-is. But there is only one way to know for sure, and that is in a calibration bay.

Until it doesn't work...

Yep.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

I had my windshield replaced and then called my Subaru dealership. I know the manual says you have to the dealer said not to worry about it and that they've replaced numerous windshields with no side effects. I haven't noticed anything different while driving

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Archived