LegacyGT.com

Chassis code?

Hello.

New owner of my first Subie(Yay).

I plan to hashtag my new 2017 Legacy soon, but unsure about the correct Chassis code I should be using(before I use the wrong one and embarrassing myself). I've been looking around and Japan uses BN9. Would it be the same for U.S. too? What are your thoughts? I was trying to figure it out with my VIN. The only thing I can make sense with it is BN6. :confused::spin:

Thanks.

Congrats on the car!

"BN" is out chassis code. This post gives a breakdown of all Legacy/Outback/Baja model codes. http://www.clubcrosstrek.com/forums/f19/subaru-legacy-chassis-codes-designations-3005.html

Congrats on the car!

"BN" is out chassis code. This post gives a breakdown of all Legacy/Outback/Baja model codes. http://www.clubcrosstrek.com/forums/f19/subaru-legacy-chassis-codes-designations-3005.html

Congrats!

Yup, we're BN.

And just to clarify because the linked post isn't clear on this: BS is the current-gen Outback, not any of the current-gen Legacy models, afaik.

@redvenetian on Instagram

Congrats!

Yup, we're BN.

And just to clarify because the linked post isn't clear on this: BS is the current-gen Outback, not any of the current-gen Legacy models, afaik.

Sedans are BN. Wagons (including Legacy wagons in non-USDM markets and Outbacks) are BS.

I guess not the way there was in previous gens. But technically the Legacy chassis in wagon form is the Outback.

True. And of course the Outback was originally known as the Legacy Outback. It's also interesting that there seem to be some China-specific designations, such as BSG, which is the current-gen Outback with the direct-injection turbocharged two-liter.

@redvenetian on Instagram

Archived