LegacyGT.com

Bluetooth not connecting?

This is a problem that has persisted since we got our car a couple months ago. The concierge told us to reboot our phone when we get into the car. That doesn't work. He said the Grand Prime phones have trouble for some r3ason, and basically blamed the problem on her phone. But, I have an LG Optimus, and it doesn't work either. 2 different phones....same problem for both. The guy is full of it.

Our bluetooth works perfectly with other devices, only the car will not automatically connect when we get into the car and turn on the stereo. When I program it to synch, it will work for about a day. It even loads up all our contacts. But after a day or two of use, the bluetooth will no longer connect when we get into the car. I also tried removing my phone from the list, and using just one phone, thinking two phones may have been confusing it somehow, but that doesn't work either.

What exactly can we do to make this thing work?

is there some firmware update we need to get? I would think the firmware is the latest, since it is a 2017 model. What gives?

take it back to the dealer and have them fix it. BT has been around a very long time and multiple devices not pairing = problem with the target device in the Subaru

Not true, while Bluetooth is a common standard, the implementation of BT varies between phone models and manufacturers and not all phones work with all vehicles, Subaru or other manufacturers.

OP, to see if your phones are compatible go here: http://www.subaru.com/owners/index.html scroll down to Bluetooth compatibility and click the link, if it list your phone as compatible then the issue is with the car, if your phone is not compatible....then the issue is the phone.

One change I might suggest is to change bluetooth device settings in the car steroe to let the phone initiate the connection versus the car. That seems to help me with my setup, where I use my phone for phone bluetooth and amazon dot for my audio bluetooth.

This is a problem that has persisted since we got our car a couple months ago. The concierge told us to reboot our phone when we get into the car. That doesn't work. He said the Grand Prime phones have trouble for some r3ason, and basically blamed the problem on her phone. But, I have an LG Optimus, and it doesn't work either. 2 different phones....same problem for both. The guy is full of it.

Our bluetooth works perfectly with other devices, only the car will not automatically connect when we get into the car and turn on the stereo. When I program it to synch, it will work for about a day. It even loads up all our contacts. But after a day or two of use, the bluetooth will no longer connect when we get into the car. I also tried removing my phone from the list, and using just one phone, thinking two phones may have been confusing it somehow, but that doesn't work either.

What exactly can we do to make this thing work?

is there some firmware update we need to get? I would think the firmware is the latest, since it is a 2017 model. What gives?

Not true, while Bluetooth is a common standard, the implementation of BT varies between phone models and manufacturers and not all phones work with all vehicles, Subaru or other manufacturers.

OP, to see if your phones are compatible go here: http://www.subaru.com/owners/index.html scroll down to Bluetooth compatibility and click the link, if it list your phone as compatible then the issue is with the car, if your phone is not compatible....then the issue is the phone.

it is true... it is a standard and its implementation is fairly straight forward. BT has been in use in the consumer market since 2003. This isn't rocket science.... If you have multiple devices not pairing with a specific BT unit, then the problem lies with that unit.

Archived