LegacyGT.com

Liberty/Legacy Headlight Fitment?

I recently stumbled upon euro style headlights for Subaru Liberty from Australia. I very much like the design over USDM due to an extra bulb for parking light.

My question is, will it fit directly into any 05-09 BL/BP without needing fenders/bumper/or grille?

They look very similar but it's impossible to tell the exact measurements just by looking at a picture. I understand it is common for libertys to do a USDM front end conversion but here in the states I have not seen 1 euro front end conversion.

If your wondering which ones I'm talking about...

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170106/5c6b61dc3f7752d56afdaab85c95c589.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170106/cb66c508fc583693f5f995b636067911.jpg

I would like to keep my current bumper/grille / hood if possible! Thank you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Although they look the same they are slightly different (smaller) than the USDM headlights in the part that is next to the fender. You'll need a front bumper, fenders, grille, and the bumper beam to make those work. Also they are RHD, so the cutoff is wrong for a LHD car.

Although they look the same they are slightly different (smaller) than the USDM headlights in the part that is next to the fender. You'll need a front bumper, fenders, grille, and the bumper beam to make those work. Also they are RHD, so the cutoff is wrong for a LHD car.

Well then that is very unfortunate considering a whole new front end would cost way more than I can afford. Especially prices on ebay.

They actually appeared larger than USDM to me because of the extra bulb. You would think they would make them universal, since that would cut costs on producing different sized fenders.

I'm sure you have test fitted these lights? Also im not sure which cut off you are referring to.

My dreams are ruined [emoji21]

Well then that is very unfortunate considering a whole new front end would cost way more than I can afford. Especially prices on ebay.

They actually appeared larger than USDM to me because of the extra bulb. You would think they would make them universal, since that would cut costs on producing different sized fenders.

I'm sure you have test fitted these lights? Also im not sure which cut off you are referring to.

My dreams are ruined [emoji21]

I did a JDM front end swap on my 09 Outback. Initially I bought the JDM front bumper and headlights and then realized that I needed everything.

29598770824_37b45c1755_o.jpgDSC_0194 by Gunnar Magnuson, on Flickr

I did a JDM front end swap on my 09 Outback. Initially I bought the JDM front bumper and headlights and then realized that I needed everything.

29598770824_37b45c1755_o.jpgDSC_0194 by Gunnar Magnuson, on Flickr

Wow it looks great!

Honestly I just want the parking lights. They have a cool reflector that I can put led's into that I can use as drl's.

I'm surprised that is jdm because all of the jdm headlights I have searched look just like USDM with combination parking light/ turn signal.

Did you try to fit the headlights in with the fenders and grill?

The cut off is the light pattern cut off. If you project the lights against a wall from some distance away you will see that the light is projected higher on the right side than the left side for an LHD car (Steering wheel on left side designed to be driven on the right side of the road).

RHD vehicles have steering wheel on the right side designed to be driven on the left side of the road as in Japan, Australia, NZ, UK, Hong Kong and a number of other former British colonies.

Getting used headlights from the rest of Europe would work though - but also realize that it's only in the US you have the amber side marker in the headlight that's required for inspection in some states.

However it may be worth to know that some OEM headlights in Europe were HID already for the 4th gen Legacy body. At least that was the case for the Outback I had a few years ago.

453747.png

Archived