LegacyGT.com

2002 GT30 Check Engine Light issue

I have a GT30 wagon, the check engine light has just come on and stays orange while driving - no noted performance changes.

Is there a way I can self diagnose without having to pay a mechanic $100+ to do it? From a bit of googling I see that older models have plugs under the dash that can be connected making the light flash and give a code?

Cheers.

As I always recommend for anyone that take interest in their car to get a code reader. It may be very useful whenever you encounter an intermittent problem.

+1 https://www.amazon.com/Autel-AL301-OBDII-Code-Reader/dp/B008PTM6EG/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1483820985&sr=1-3&keywords=code+reader&refinements=p_89%3AAutel%2Cp_36%3A1253493011

the one I use. Great investment I've had it for 6 years and I even scan codes for my friends too.

• 2 months later...
Hey guys, finally got the code: P0031 HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low(Bank 1 Sensor 1). Now I understand this is the front 02 sensor. For a genuine part and installation the local mechanic is quoting $725NZD, but I have seen sensors for around the $400NZD mark, installation seems pretty easy?

Archived