LegacyGT.com

1997 Legacy Computer Electrical Starting Problem

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just an update, the Ebay fuel pump I bought, got my car running but it was never running smooth. I drove it on a 6 hour trip through the mountains and it got me there and back but it was lagging very noticeably at lower speeds and then yesterday it seemed to stop altogether after stopping and starting, didn't die but it did stop accelerating for a few seconds and then started again. Drove right to Autozone and bought a Delphi pump for $77 and just put it in, thank goodness I can get to it without dropping the tank. Anyways, the new Delphi is working as smooth as can be! I paid $34.00 for the Ebay pump free shipping and there just isn't that much information on the reliability of the cheap pumps, maybe because the work most of the time or maybe no one speaks of them when they don't work so I thought I would I would post about this one, will probably start a new post on it to keep the info out there.

If it starts acting up again, I will update further in case it starts failing and the problem was unrelated to the pump.

Archived