LegacyGT.com

GT Limited in USA vs GT in Canada

nevets27

I'm looking to get a 08-09 Legacy GT. I'm trying to figure out if the GT Limited in the USA is equal to the GT in Canada.

Looking at the sales brochure for USA it looks like all GT's are limited.

Looking at the Canadian brochure there is no limited option, therefore all GT's sold in Canada are just GT's.

I see a good amount of GT limited's in Canada and so far most have been listed as USA cars. Some don't say they are USA cars but I assume they are as it seems Canada doesn't have a limited GT.

So is the:

USA GT Limited = Canadian GT?

To clarify, are all options the same between the two?

USA Brochure:

http://www.subaru.com/content/dam/subaru/downloads/pdf/brochures/2008_Legacy.pdf

Canadian Brochure:

https://www.subaru.ca/content/7907/media/en-ca/download/legacy2008_brochure.pdf

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In MY05, GT in Canada means you get the cloth manual seats, simple radio and climate control, and no sun/moon roof.

Same MY05, GT Limited in Canada means you get leather power seats, dual zone climate control, and sun/moon roof.

I've got an 05 GT Limited Wagon.. maybe they changed it up a bit for 08/09?

I was actually able to test drive a 2008 GT USA and a 2009 3.0R Canadian back to back. The 2Fiver had the right idea. From my observation the Canadian version lacks TPMS and power passenger seat. From what I recall they both did have VDC but since one was a 09 and 3.0 it's not a good 1:1 comparison.

I'm looking to get a 08-09 Legacy GT. I'm trying to figure out if the GT Limited in the USA is equal to the GT in Canada.

OP was looking at 08/09 folks. All 08/09 Legacy GT have only leather seats and sunroof as an option. There is no limited version for these years.

My 08 has an auto passenger seat as well. Might be different for the 3.0r

Archived