LegacyGT.com

Sound coming from car when turned off

Having a strange thing on our 2015 Legacy. Heard a whining sound almost like a fuel pump from the back of the car while the car was not running in garage. After cranking the car and then turned it back off the sound went away. Any ideas?

Here we go again! Legacy/Outback Owners Manual, page 7 (2015) or 8 (2016). There are literally dozens of threads on this topic already. Search is your friend.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Legacy/Outback Owners Manual, page 7 (2015) or 8 (2016). There are literally dozens of threads on this topic already. Search is your friend.

Thanks, I searched under fuel pump , but did not find exactly what I was looking for.

Do you have a push button start? And if that's the case - did you have the dongle with you when you entered the garage?

I have recognized that the car "wakes up" when I get close to it with the dongle in my pocket.

453747.png

Do you have a push button start? And if that's the case - did you have the dongle with you when you entered the garage?

I have recognized that the car "wakes up" when I get close to it with the dongle in my pocket.

^ As he said, the car senses the key fob and starts "prepping" the vehicle for a possible engine start, in this case, the fuel pump is primed.

Yes , it has push button start. I did not have it in my pocket. It was in the kitchen next to the garage though.

⬛ Noise from under the vehicle

NOTE

You may hear a noise from under the

vehicle approximately 5 to 10 hours

after the engine is turned off. However,

this does not indicate a malfunction.

This noise is caused by the operation

of the fuel evaporation leakage checking

system and the operation is normal.

The noise will stop after approximately

15 minutes.

Archived