LegacyGT.com

Bleeding the coolant?

My funnel is on the way. It sounds a lot easier than the vacuum method I've been using. So, in theory, tomorrow I get my tstat. Friday for the funnel. Should be able to stand waiting that long.

Bleeding all the air out was a little too efficient for me. I bled out so much air and built up so much pressure, my upper radiator hose sprung a leak where it connects to the engine. I had to have the clamp cranked as tight as it would go before when there was still air in the system for it to stop leaking. The hose was super worn out and i cheaped out and didnt replace it. Unfortunately the radiator was only half full and I think it caused my head gasket to blow....again. When I refilled the radiator and went to bleed it again, the coolant shot up like a geyser. Also, when I rev the engine, it shoots up out of the funnel. That's a sure sign of a bad head gasket/warped heads. I blame my cheap ass gaskets I bought, so next week I'm going to be tearing it down to replace it with my good MLS fel pro gaskets and checking the head for warpage. Then I'll be replacing that upper hose cause it's completely worn out where the clamps attach to it

That sucks. All my rubber is about a year old so I don't expect any weirdness. I'm just searching for a cleaner way to do the bleed.

Got all my parts now except the funnel. I'll probably drive the other car the rest of the week since I can't keep my foot out of it and that pops the tstat open and plunges the engine temp.

That sucks. All my rubber is about a year old so I don't expect any weirdness. I'm just searching for a cleaner way to do the bleed.

Got all my parts now except the funnel. I'll probably drive the other car the rest of the week since I can't keep my foot out of it and that pops the tstat open and plunges the engine temp.

The funnel is definitely the way to go as far as cleanliness.

Archived