LegacyGT.com

Cranks but won't start

OK, I've been searching this forum for a bit now and have only seen a few posts that were simular but not that same. So here is what I have...

Was having some knocking noises (No error codes) and decided to change out the timing belt as the milage was high enough to justify it. Got it all put back together and now it'll crank over but it won't start. I've checked and double checked that the crank and cam shaft marks are correctly aligned, alignment looks good. I've checked spark and I have spark on all four cylinders, so my CKP is good. I can hear the fuel pump priming when I turn the key on, I can even hear it run for a second after turning the key off. Just for giggles I gave it a couple shots of ether and I get absolutely nothing.... I'm stumped. Anybody got any suggestions other than the massively expensive mechanic?

2007 Legacy

2.5 SOHC

Double-check all the connectors as well as all hoses. You may have missed something.

But usually this may happen if you get the timing off in a strange way, like spark when the piston is at the bottom instead of the top, which may happen if you got a mark 180 degrees wrong.

453747.png

I've double checked all the connections and hoses. toar everything off to the timing belt and checked the marks again. Those marks are the "lines" on the face of the outside rim of the cam pulleys (not the "arrows), matched to the marks at the tops of the heads and matched the line marked on the front surface of the crank pulley to the mark near the CKP. I don't remember moving the pulleys after removing the timing belt but I wouldn't put it past my buddies to mess with me while I was away either. How can I tell if I'm 180deg out beyond matching up the marks?

Sorry I don't have any pics available to share at the moment.

Archived