LegacyGT.com

Large tire fitment. What do you run?

Wondering what everyone here with BG Outbacks has run for big tires. Currently I'm at stock height with 205/70/15 but I want a lift. My question is how big of a tire can I run on stock rims without hub spacers and without rubbing my strut? What sizes has everyone thrown on? Pics are appreciated!

My goal is 2" strut spacers and some very tall tires. That should get me some clearance!

Damn. That tire's only an inch wider than stock so it should've only made a half inch of difference. Are the stock wheels that close? I'll have to look...

I was thinking a 215/75/15 would fit well and provide about a half inch of extra ground clearance but now I don't know. I also need to get my hands on stock front springs because some idiot cut mine (I was the idiot).

This is going to turn into quite the project. Thanks for your help man!

Also are you running Outback or Legacy Struts? That'll make a big difference in clearances. I tried the 235s with Legacy struts but now that I have Outback ones, they would probably still rub but I can't test that theory.

I am running 215/65R16 right now and I have a good bit of clearance and they are on H6 Legacy 16x 6.5 +35 rims

Mine is an outback so it has all the stock body spacers and whatnot. Thats my frustration is everything I read about lifting these has to do with swapping in what I already have, or buying a spendy body lift kit (aka, the correct way). I just want a few inches of ground clearance over what I already have. I will be looking into getting 2" strut spacers but I dont want to use hub spacers to make a big tire fit. They only make 215s so tall.

In my experience, most of the issue came from the sidewall height, I think if you did a 235/245 with 45-55 as the sidewall you'd be okay. So maybe 245/50R16 something like that. When I got my car with the GTB wheels the PO had 245/45R17 on them and they fit really well.

I have another set of 17s ready for some rubber but I'm going to measure my wheel wells to maximize the tire size, I'll post what I find when I do that

Archived