LegacyGT.com

Got a 99 sus legacy

The car is a 99 but the body looks like a gen 2 am I on the right forum or should I be on the gen 3 one. If I am on the right forum looking to raise it about 2 inches it's been lowered. I got used sus suspension out of the junkyard on the front and it's like an inch higher than the back. Don't worry the backs will be getting done next week but stil want to go higher. To spacer or not to spacer I guess that is the ?

It's a second gen so you're in the right place. There are a lot of good threads on what will work to lift it, if the struts are dead then it's worth it to just replace them with taller ones, and if the struts are in good shape then it's cheaper to go the spacer route.

The car is a 99 but the body looks like a gen 2 am I on the right forum or should I be on the gen 3 one. If I am on the right forum looking to raise it about 2 inches it's been lowered. I got used sus suspension out of the junkyard on the front and it's like an inch higher than the back. Don't worry the backs will be getting done next week but stil want to go higher. To spacer or not to spacer I guess that is the ?

You're in the right forum. In the US, the 2nd Gen was 1995-1999 and the 3rd Gen was the 2000-2004. The site is listing the JDM years.

To answer your lift question, first check to see if the body spacers have been removed. The Outback has 1 inch spacers all the way around as well as longer U-bolts to accommodate the extra lift. When people lower them, they return them to the ride height of the Legacy sedan/wagon by removing the spacers and drop in Legacy shocks with lowering springs. Second, I have a source for an affordable lift kit for the second and third gens. I got a quote on a 4 1/2 inch lift for my off-road wagon from Subie Lift OZ. They told me $490 shipped to my door from Australia and the kit comes with everything to do it right. I have done research on this and found that Primitive doesn't even sell any lift kits for the 2nd gen and their product availability doesn't even have anything that extreme. Anderson Design and Fabrication sells a 4 inch lift, but their kit is $780 and doesn't have half of the hardware and requires wheel spacers for the trailing arm spacers to fit.

http://i.imgur.com/ef4vglI.png

Archived