LegacyGT.com

Delicious Tuning Flex Fuel Kit for the Legacy GT Platform

m sprank

You lose the ability to adjust fuel due to air temp. What this means is you give up a few ponies to maintain safety over a wide range of temperatures.

The tables normally used for adjusting fuel due to temp are now used to adjust fuel due to e content. Making flex fuel work without any new tables introduced into the ECM.

If someone develops new tables (Cobb) then there will be an alternative path to FF.

And I'd like to point out I've had no issues at all driving in anywhere from mid 50 to high 90 degree temperatures.

And I'd like to point out I've had no issues at all driving in anywhere from mid 50 to high 90 degree temperatures.

I think that is the major concern for many. A lot of us have much wider ranges of temps to deal with throughout the year.

So, dont be overly aggressive and you can compensate for temp swings. You give up a few ponies (which should not be an issue as you are going to gain 40whp+). The test car went from 0deg to 120deg. No issues. Elevation ranged from 300ft below sea level to 10000ft above sea level.

Its all about the tune®.

The developer of the kit has been professionally tuning Subarus for almost 20 years. He is one of (if not the) most highly respected and known Subaru tuners in the world. He does major development work for MANY aftermarket companies beyond his own. He is the first tuner to get an aftermarket tune to pass CARB approval. The list of his accolades goes on and on. the kits have been sold and used for over 2 years now.

Haters hate and wait, while adopters enjoy the benefits of flex fuel.

Go EcuTeK and you can keep the IAT. If/when Cobb releases their kit, then the DT kit can be modified to use the Cobb tables and the IAT will be back in play. DT can not write tables for Cobb AP's. Only Cobb can do that.

Haters hate and wait, while adopters enjoy the benefits of flex fuel.

If you were talking about me, I’m not hating just expressing concern. I know Bill is a very good tuner.

Agree it's about the tuner. That said, given the situation most of us are in...

1) Many good local subaru tuners are familiar with Cobb flex fuel but possibly not as much so without IATs factoring in. Do you just tell them to go X% of max tune? Or how do you suggest vetting?

2) Or Delicious offers etunes for his setup...is that going to be the better option? I'd love to get Bill to tune my car, but how is that going to realistically happen.

I've wanted to move on the DT setup, but like I said earlier, I couldn't find anyone that had their local tuner (non DT affiliate) set one up, and bringing it up to my tuner, he wasn't familiar with it so it was honestly a non-starter.

Go EcuTeK and you can keep the IAT.
Wait - are you saying with EcuTek, Bill can still utilize the IAT input? I.e. they already have new tables? So you would end up with more power than with Cobb?

EcuTek has all the tables and the IAT does not need to be sacrificed. The IAT is the only current way to make the FF kit work with Cobb.

Thanks! Did NOT know that - I thought you were giving up IAT with both Cobb AND Ecutek, which is one reason I had kind of given up on it a bit. I guess if you already have Cobb, it's super expensive to switch, but since I have neither, the costs aren't that different.. So - EcuTek is the preferred platform for the kit?

Wait - does EcuTek have torque tables for 5EAT?

From the publicly listed tables they don't support Calculated Torque on "k-line" ECU's. They do support logging of CT on some platforms though, so they are at least aware it exist (unlike the Cobb guys). It might be something they can add though, it's typically one of the first big 3d tables in a ROM after the boost control tables, and references RPM and injector pulse width.

Edit: Looks like they have the table in the BRZ, GTR, and 370Z roms'. Looks like the torque limiting code all this mess is based on in our cars (but not exactly active) IS in use on the BRZ.

Edited by utc_pyro
clarification on position of table in rom if you want to go [s]yell at[/s] kindly ask a developer to add them.