LegacyGT.com

will they ever make a new legacy GT

dsizer89

Each successive generation "Impreza" platform, which includes the WRX, CrossTrek, STI and Forester, is built on the previous-generation Legacy platform. So Impreza platform size and interior are all going "up" as the Legacy platform advances.

That's why the 09 Forester was such a large step-up in size.

But, BOT - Were SOA to reintroduce a Legacy GT, even with the 3.6 H6 (unlikely) or the 2.0T H4 (somewhat likely), it would probably be a short-run, and only with HD-CVT.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Each successive generation "Impreza" platform, which includes the WRX, CrossTrek, STI and Forester, is built on the previous-generation Legacy platform. So Impreza platform size and interior are all going "up" as the Legacy platform advances.

But, BOT - Were SOA to reintroduce a Legacy GT, even with the 3.6 H6 (unlikely) or the 2.0T H4 (somewhat likely), it would probably be a short-run, and only with HD-CVT.

That was then, the new Impreza is the first Subaru to use the new Subaru Global Platform. All future Subarus will also be built from this platform. And as you mentioned the new Impreza has grown in size, it also has gained more refinement. If these traits carry over to the next WRX, it would make a new Legacy GT almost redundant.

That is not why the 09 Forester was bigger. The 09 Forester was bigger because Subaru realized all of its vehicles were too small for the American market. It was built on the 08 Impreza platform which was derived from the then current Legacy platform with some architecture from the more advanced Tribeca version.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the comment on Subaru's new Global platform. Knew it was taking over...2017 Impreza and subsequent Impreza-derived models are being/will be built off of this platform, as will be the 7th Gen Legacy. 2017 retooling for the GP Impreza cost $1B - let's hope it's worth it.

Believe several of the Tribeca advancements were incorporated into the 5th Gen Legacy/4th Gen OB platforms. Not sure what other "components" made it into the down-model versions before the new Global platform.

New 3-row CUV replacement for Tribeca will also be built off the GP.

Hope there's some room in there for a Legacy performance version.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

That is not why the 09 Forester was bigger. The 09 Forester was bigger because Subaru realized all of its vehicles were too small for the American market. It was built on the 08 Impreza platform which was derived from the then current Legacy platform with some architecture from the more advanced Tribeca version.

Awwwww... now it truly is 2006 again! We're BACK!!! :lol:

I also want a performance Legacy but will settle for a tS 3.6R model. 3.6R Sport?

Maybe...... a LegacySTI????? :hide:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

I gave up dreaming about this a long time ago. I went from my 2005 LGT LTD auto to my 2015 3.6r, skipping the fugly 5th gen Legacy because it was ugly and no auto, and knowing I was a little to old for a WRX. The thought of a tuned STI 3.6r with a suspension package, wraparound ground effects, trunk lip spoiler and tuned exhaust would be a fun ride. And yes, it needs to be pushing more than 256hp.

I gave up dreaming about this a long time ago. I went from my 2005 LGT LTD auto to my 2015 3.6r, skipping the fugly 5th gen Legacy because it was ugly and no auto, and knowing I was a little to old for a WRX. The thought of a tuned STI 3.6r with a suspension package, wraparound ground effects, trunk lip spoiler and tuned exhaust would be a fun ride. And yes, it needs to be pushing more than 256hp.

Go see the gen 6 tuning thread, you can do all of that, it'll just be a custom STi3.6

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

An awd turbo wagon with 6mt that carries 5 adults and their gear for a weekend? why would you buy that instead of an suv? Subaru already has a toy car (sti). The legacy has been changed to an awd camry and sells better than ever.

The lgt sold 227 cars its last year. Pretty much the kiss of death when you are deciding whether to build another performance oriented legacy.

In the legacy world, the 4th gens were the cool kids. The cars still had an identity different than Toyota and performance features.

No one walks into a Subaru dealer looking for a performance oriented legacy. you would buy an impeza or sti. At least in the usa.

The levorg was supposed to be the next "wagon". Subaru got deposits from usa customers to buy them. No cars ever showed up. Kiss of death for the lgt has already happened....

Deposits??!!?? Did Subaru like, accept them? Or people just calling and saying take my money, please

• 2 weeks later...

Whatever they have to do, I want a legacy that can do 0-60 in the fives and 1/4mi in the fourteens. Let it be a 3.6R, 2.5T, 2.0T, AT/CVT/6MT, you name it.

This is just embarrassing:

"With the sprint to 60 mph taking 7.1 seconds and the quarter-mile passing in 15.5 at 94 mph, the new car is 0.7- and 0.5-second slower than our 2010 [Legacy].

Even the Mazda 6—184-hp inline-four, six-speed automatic, 3294 pounds—bests the Subaru to 60 and loses by just a tenth in the quarter."

And then Accord with A/T blows it out of water with 5.6s 0-60 and 14.1s for 1/4mi

caranddriver

Whatever they have to do, I want a legacy that can do 0-60 in the fives and 1/4mi in the fourteens. Let it be a 3.6R, 2.5T, 2.0T, AT/CVT/6MT, you name it.

This is just embarrassing:

"With the sprint to 60 mph taking 7.1 seconds and the quarter-mile passing in 15.5 at 94 mph, the new car is 0.7- and 0.5-second slower than our 2010 [Legacy].

Even the Mazda 6—184-hp inline-four, six-speed automatic, 3294 pounds—bests the Subaru to 60 and loses by just a tenth in the quarter."

And then Accord with A/T blows it out of water with 5.6s 0-60 and 14.1s for 1/4mi

caranddriver

So you want V6 Camry performance. :lol:

You guys are comparing performance of 10+ year old cars (which are still marginally quicker) to current cars.

If I was going to look at a new LGT, it would need to be on par with the 2016 Fusion Sport power wise. I don't want to be as quick as a Camry or Accord, I want to be much quicker than either, and it needs to be that way from the factory.

The H6 should be able to put down decent numbers for 0-60 and the quarter - I am guessing that has to do with the transmission more than anything else, and you would think that could be adjusted if a tuner wanted to optimize for going faster vs. fuel economy... (fuel economy went up a fair bit for the 15+ over the 14, and it went up a bit in weight)

comparing a fairly heavily modified H6 to a stock whatever seems silly. Almost as bad as wondering why a higher horsepower, lighter, FWD vehicle is faster on dry pavement.

For a new LegacyGT, I'd want a complete package - I'd want to see the same engine as in the WRX or, when they update it, the STi (so that there's an aftermarket), performance oriented suspension, big brakes, and a 6MT (SI drive would be nice, too - or something that lets you switch from a more economy oriented mode to a more performance oriented mode). Inside, an upgraded steering wheel (or just a carry over from the STi) and seats with better bolstering.

I don't care if it's the fastest thing out there - I just want it to be fun to drive.

The accord weighs 100lbs less than the the loaded Legacy [emoji38]

The motor is a dog. 3.6 liters and only makes 256/247 [emoji38]

Subaru choked the motor and put in a transmission that sucks 30% (5EAT n CVT is worse)..that's going to be awful every time

Subaru choked the motor and put in a transmission that sucks 30% (5EAT n CVT is worse)..that's going to be awful every time

Not sure how to interpret that in any other way than both sucks.

453747.png

Archived