LegacyGT.com

What kind of auto box is a 4th Gen?

My legacy had 240k miles with 60k being stage 3 levels. In sport mode it was pretty fun to drive. All you really need is a valve body mod ( which i have listed for sale). Also fyi, the 08 legacy cant hold much, the transmission is slightly different so you cannot modify the valve body without breaking it. I feel like half the cases of blown 5eat was the result of of mspank testing the limits on his.

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

yeah no VB mod is a bummer for the 08. There's 5eat tuning I guess, but the setup and tune I have is pretty solid right now. I'm almost done sinking money into this thing, we'll see.

I bet OP thinks this Legacy life is too stressful after seeing a thread blow up like this.

Fair enough, that's a full blown race car though. Us tuner noobs that make up for 90% of members on this site should'nt be too worried over a few scary pics.

Disagreed.

Full blown race car? I'd hardly consider stage 2 VF52 to be a full blown race car.

Agreed.

Well if you look at his photo the red wagon appears to be taking a corner pretty fast and autocross is'nt easy on the tranny. I'm referring to the manner it has been driven in. Is that a tough one?

Proper substantiation.

My legacy had 240k miles with 60k being stage 3 levels. In sport mode it was pretty fun to drive. All you really need is a valve body mod ( which i have listed for sale).

Corroboration #1. Proper shameless plug. :)

My 5eat takes 350whp/ 338wtq all day everyday 19psi at a tick over 3k, ClimberD valvebody, stand alone cooler with thermostat (no factory cooler) Good clean fluid

128,xxx mi and counting 5eat has been 300whp + for over 4 years

Corroboration #2.

Didn't Mr Wrrench say this STG2 5EAT had 250K on it! I'm not as knowledgeable as you guys but that sounds decent:)

Corroboration #3. I will say the tooling marks on all of the transfer case teeth were still present, all bearings had zero play whatsoever, and fluid was changed frequently(under my ownership.). I guess what this all means is that had the trans not been subjected to the recent service life it lived, there would be no question about it's ability to last much longer. The center diff is just a very fragile mechanism.

Let's be done with our slush vs. synchro flagpole contest now. OP- do you have nay more questions for us to asnwer? (albeit, more concisely!)

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

Archived