LegacyGT.com

Ej252 NA + turbo advice.

You would have to lower compression and redo all the engine gaskets, especially the head gaskets. Then maybe you can run 5 pounds for a bit before the engine starts to go.

You would also have to get a good with a scoop or cut yours and if you want a front mount that's a whole different story.

JDM EJ205 from a Wrx is like $1500 , Have your harness merged by a company like G-ROM or Iwire then enjoy driving it.

Putting a turbo on your NA car is a terrible idea without a way to tune for it.

why is 450 your number? bragging rights?

the better question is what do you want to do with your car? That can help influence A) the type of build and B) which engine to go with.

2.0 vs 2.2 stroker vs 2.5, turbo size, etc all can have a drastic effect on the driving characteristics of the vehicle. a 250/300 WHP car can beat the snot out of a 450 WHP car on a short technical road course, but may not fare as well on a drag strip.

so....what are your goals?

I could suck start a snow blower.

Really I don't know. Its just deadly for any subie to run 450. I just want to build the fastest car around here. In all actuality i still want it to be a driving car for around town too. A lot of the racing I do is straight line or highway though. Street racing of course.

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk

why is 450 your number? bragging rights?

the better question is what do you want to do with your car? That can help influence A) the type of build and B) which engine to go with.

2.0 vs 2.2 stroker vs 2.5, turbo size, etc all can have a drastic effect on the driving characteristics of the vehicle. a 250/300 WHP car can beat the snot out of a 450 WHP car on a short technical road course, but may not fare as well on a drag strip.

so....what are your goals?

Really I don't know. Its just deadly for any subie to run 450. I just want to build the fastest car around here. In all actuality i still want it to be a driving car for around town too. A lot of the racing I do is straight line or highway though. Street racing of course. I just want a to be king of the road around here.

Really I don't know. Its just deadly for any subie to run 450. I just want to build the fastest car around here. In all actuality i still want it to be a driving car for around town too. A lot of the racing I do is straight line or highway though. Street racing of course. I just want a to be king of the road around here.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1393580

This is not a trivial matter. Read and research more.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

You would have to lower compression and redo all the engine gaskets, especially the head gaskets. Then maybe you can run 5 pounds for a bit before the engine starts to go.

You would also have to get a good with a scoop or cut yours and if you want a front mount that's a whole different story.

You don't have to lower compression for 5-6lbs of boost. The engine can hold up fine. Big thread on RS25 about boosted NA's.

Yes it can be done. Is it worth the expense of building a kit, kludging up some engine management solution etc. just to run 5psi? That gets you into stock EJ205 territory with no room for growth until you build the engine, so in a bang for buck comparison this comes out worse than the cheapest swap.

unsubscribe

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Keep it up and maybe you'll clip a pedestrian or mow down a young family. Then your next aspiration can be "king of the cell block"

Archived