LegacyGT.com

Falken Zeix ZE950 vs Continental DWS06 ?

59ctd

What are your guys' thoughts on all season tires Continental DWS06 vs the Falken Zeix ZE950? I do not need a high performance tire for either summer or winter just good all-around tires for both needs. My 08 Legacy 2.5i came with new Falkens and last winter I thought it was pretty decent in the snow and summer driving I was pleased with the performance both dry and wet. The 09 GT has the original Continentals and at 40k miles first day in the snow it is a bit scary to drive it. There is a fairly significant difference in the price for the two tires although price is not a big factor in the decision. What are your guys' thoughts?

The continental ExtremeContact series is a "ultra high-performance" all-season line of tires. The "06" suffix denotes the DWS series specifically tuned to have a little extra high temp/dry ability. From what you're saying, the DWS are way overkill! Instead, I would look at the standard contact and pro contact series of conti's.

My personal recommendation would be the yokohama YK580. My dad has them on his camry and they work great.

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

• 4 months later...
Recently installed ExtremeContact DWS06. This is my first set of Ultra High Performance so I don't have anything to compare tobut so far they seem really nice. They are a bit noisier than the OEM I am used to. I suspect the tire might be flat spotting a little over night. I have been noticing the ride is a bit bumpy in the morning or the first couple miles but then it smooths out once they get up to temperature

• 4 weeks later...
If you can get the DWS06 for close to the same price as your next best option, then that is what I would suggest. ie. with enough stacking promotions, the DWS06 can actually be very reasonable.

Archived