LegacyGT.com

Tuning Alliance's Wideband02 Logging kit

Tuning Alliance

I moved the cable from the brown to the yellow, as per Mike. So, I think that means either gauge or AP logging, and not both. Unless the yellow can provide the current to feed both. Probably can, but I hardly run the gauge, so I am okay with it.

The LC-2 has two separate analog outputs, which means that yes, you can run a gauge as well as logging through AP or Tactrix/BtSsm, etc.

I might have bought the wrong gauge then. It says to specifically connect to the yellow wire on the LC-2. The yellow and brown have to separate voltage range outputs:

Yellow: 0v = 7.35 AFR, 5V= 22.39 AFR

Brown: 1.1V = 14 AFR, .1V = 15 AFR

DB Digital Air/Fuel Gauge = Connect the DB gauge's WHITE wire to the LC-2's YELLOW wire.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

See section 5.3.1:

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/support/manual/LC-2_Manual.pdf

Also, there's no reason you couldn't split any of the analog outputs (i.e., the yellow wire) and feed it into any number of inputs. In other words, it should be possible to run a wire from your analog gauge, the rear O2 sensor, another gauge, etc., and hook them all up to the yellow wire. I realize now that you suggested this earlier ("unless the yellow can provide the current to feed both"), and I can almost guarantee that it can. If it's a voltage output, anything you're plugging it into (that is also expecting a voltage-based signal) should be high impedance, meaning it pulls no current, which should mean that theoretically you can plug as many gauges you want into the same analog output from the LC-2.

AWESOME! Thanks for clearing that up!

I didn't read into the foreshadowing of "default" from this section:

"The default analog outputs are as follows: Analog output one (yellow) is 0V =

7.35 AFR and 5V = 22.39 AFR. Analog output two (brown) is 1.1V = 14 AFR

and .1V = 15 AFR. Note: The LC-2’s ground should share the same

"

I might have bought the wrong gauge then. It says to specifically connect to the yellow wire on the LC-2. The yellow and brown have to separate voltage range outputs:

Yellow: 0v = 7.35 AFR, 5V= 22.39 AFR

Brown: 1.1V = 14 AFR, .1V = 15 AFR

DB Digital Air/Fuel Gauge = Connect the DB gauge's WHITE wire to the LC-2's YELLOW wire.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The gauge is correct... and the wiring correct too.

However, I think they may be interchangeable as the LC1 wants the brown wire instead of the yellow for what ever reason. That leads me to believe both wires are the same output signal from the controller.

• 1 year later...

It sounds like this kit is no longer available from tuning alliance.

It also sounds like splicing power, ground and input from the wideband direct to the rear o2 input would be simpler then finding a ground and power source elsewhere in the engine bay, ala the tgv method?

It also sounds like you can only log using non cobb software to make sense of this?

It sounds like this kit is no longer available from tuning alliance.

It also sounds like splicing power, ground and input from the wideband direct to the rear o2 input would be simpler then finding a ground and power source elsewhere in the engine bay, ala the tgv method?

It also sounds like you can only log using non cobb software to make sense of this?

Not sure about #1. #2 should be doable, but I'm not sure I'd want the WBO2 controller feeding off the rear O2 sensor harness due to electrical noise (the heater is fine, though).

#3, you should be able to log Rear O2 voltage with an AccessPort and then just add another column in your spreadsheet on a computer with your formula to convert the voltage into Lambda/AFR. I don't know if it's possible for "regular" AP users to create custom gauges.

Not sure about #1. #2 should be doable, but I'm not sure I'd want the WBO2 controller feeding off the rear O2 sensor harness due to electrical noise (the heater is fine, though).

#3, you should be able to log Rear O2 voltage with an AccessPort and then just add another column in your spreadsheet on a computer with your formula to convert the voltage into Lambda/AFR. I don't know if it's possible for "regular" AP users to create custom gauges.

Isn’t that what the tuning alliance cable does? Feed off the rear o2 harness?

I don't think the cable gets power and ground from the rear sensor. You still have to power your wideband controller on its own. The cable just connects the sensor signal to the rear harness.

It's the same idea as using the tgv. You don't use the power and ground from the tgv, just the signal wire.

Archived