LegacyGT.com

Ej25 turbo

This is an NA+Turbo Build, if that's what you want. And you'll need to get on the forums to read up on it. RS25.com may be a good source as similar 2.5's were used in the '99-'04 Impreza RS. And there are many who've attempted this....some success, but if you get greedy w/the boost you'll be buying a new engine.

The EJ252 was an oddball NA 2.5 from the EJ251/2/3 series. i've read the 252 was used on MT/AT '00- '04(?).

......and there never was a USDM Legacy/Outback turbo from '95-'05 - except for the '04 Baja, as stated.

I've heard the 251 and 252 are built on the same internals but the throttle body is different and I think the Intake. I could be wrong but that's what I've heard. But its really hard to find anything for the 252s that isn't OEM. But 251 after markets are everywhere.

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk

This is an NA+Turbo Build, if that's what you want. And you'll need to get on the forums to read up on it. RS25.com may be a good source as similar 2.5's were used in the '99-'04 Impreza RS. And there are many who've attempted this....some success, but if you get greedy w/the boost you'll be buying a new engine.

The EJ252 was an oddball NA 2.5 from the EJ251/2/3 series. i've read the 252 was used on MT/AT '00- '04(?).

......and there never was a USDM Legacy/Outback turbo from '95-'05 - except for the '04 Baja, as stated.

I believe the impreza had the 251 in it. Which some legacys do and some don't. Mine is the 252. And for the life of me I can't see a difference between the 2 motors.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes. I mean for the NA 251 and 252 . Is there any fundamental difference? Any different build design or parts? Because from everything I've seen they fit together like legos. Completely interchangeable.

Different intake and MAP sensor. Possibly Calif. emissions and/or possibly manual trans only.

Archived