LegacyGT.com

Gigs 2006 Legacy GT Limited Wagon and STi Wagon

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Swapped to Ohlins coilovers this weekend and installed the Sti option short shifter. Getting an alignment this weekend.

http://i.imgur.com/OQl8Ec9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YTrPIcr.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qCJiZhs.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Did a general inspection and oil change on the lesbianwagon in the 92 degree heat this weekend it was not too much fun. But the car is in great shape and only consumed half a quart of motul over 4400 miles. Unfortunately due to roasting my hands I was unable to get a sample to send to Blackstone labs , Oh well next time.

Items for the next two weeks are to get the wrx ready for Gridlife round 5 so I can go dunk on my friends Version 4 Sti swapped 1998 RS2.5 !

BFOM2o5.jpg

JLe18ub.jpg

Fumoto Oil Drain valve would help with that.

I have three of them.

I have had two sitting on the shelf for years now I just have not put them in as I don't drive that much anymore so my oil changes are maybe twice a year on the legacy and once or twice on the Wrx.

Wandered out to the speed ring this weekend because it was like 5 miles from where I live and saw some pretty fast race cars.

ojqTUWj.jpg

Its kinda amazing that the Canadian STi's are super fast compared to a lot of the cars we have in the midwest and they seem to have the formula for building a fast track car down quite well.

Both of these cars would destroy their classes at Gridlife time attack and are very well built with the blue car revving to over 9000 with a custom EJ25 setup and custom oil pickup.

Fv3hqL8.jpg

EeVg7Ep.jpg

After the event I went over to my friend garrets house to do some Gridlife prep work and install the oil temperature sensor. Its more of a pain to use the rear galley next to the turbo on a GD engine because there is a coolant line in the way that runs to the throttle body to help with cold starts but on Garrets Version 4 EJ20k it was not there and took like half the time to install.

First picture is during startup and the second picture is after a nice 20 minute drive down twisty roads and two highway onramps later. The S204 / Spec C oil cooler thermostat seems to open around 180 degrees and stabilize oil temperatures. I am going to set the alert to kick in a round 245 - 250 degrees so that I will know to take a cool down lap then come into the pits.

MGiMHSl.jpg

iWzciQa.jpg

His dad has a 1/190 2005 Legacy GT Limited 5mt wagon too which is super rare and the 2006 STi is currently for sale.

z31XeQb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Gridlife round 5 didn't go as planned as I got sick after two sessions and then spent Sunday sleeping. Oh well there is always next year and I am tossing around the idea of running time attack.

Over winter its time for sound deadening , 255 RE71R and some new street wheels like perhaps 17x9 +49 Wedsport TC105n with 255 Continental Sports.

SppY1nF.jpg

Hd4twa4.jpg

So Gridlife round 5 didn’t go so well as I got sick with what we are calling ” superaids” leading me to drive home Saturday around 2pm and sleep for around 14 hours. As of today I am still not 100% back to feeling normal but I am getting there.

Gridlife was fun for the short time I was there , the first session at 9am and a ton of standing water so that means skids. Unfortunately I am an idiot and forgot my SD cards as they are sitting at my computer so I had no onboard video of said skids. Oh I also dropped a tire and spun out at turn 2 on Gingerman due to getting too cocky with my ken block inspired drifting.

Future plans are looking a lot like time attack in Gridlife’s street car class with some 255 RE71Rs So I can chase Dewey and my friend Max.

Other winter plans are as follows

• Rebuild the Ohlins coilovers and possibly have them revalved
  • Put the interior back in the car
  • Install sound deadening products all over the car
  • Upgrade the horrible oem speakers for louder Eurobeat
  • Acquire another set of 17×9 wheels , I am thinking 17×9 +49 Wedsport TC105n
  • Install a surge tank / Radium solution to fix fuel starvation issues
  • Spec C roof vent
  • Have the car re calibrated on carberry flex fuel
  • Maybe a 2015 STi steering rack ?
  • Maybe a moroso oil pan ?
  • Save for a house or Condo
  • Sleep a lot

• 2 weeks later...

LGT is starting to leak from the valve covers so I should probably fix that before winter and the rust is starting to appear on the passenger rear wheel arch. But other than that the car continues to run great. Probably going to do a little service here before winter comes just so I don't have to smell oil.

Fall is here as well so I took the Wrx out to run errands this weekend

SIC4YBd.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Three years ago I discovered the joy that is driving in the snow with a Nokian snow tire

Also the legacy is starting to smell a little bit after longer drives so I think its time for valve cover gaskets to be done and anything else I see that needs it. Not bad for over 145,000 miles.

lv6Vusx.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...