LegacyGT.com

Subaru Legacy B4 headlight housings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbEyLZ0mH3g

Does anyone know where one can get there hands on these headlight housings? i wanted to switch out my stock halogen housings and put these in.

aside i have the base model, and i hate the way how the housings look.

any thoughts ?

http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=2016+Subaru+Legacy+headlight+&isNewKw=1&isRefine=true&mfs=GOCLK&acimp=0&_trksid=p2056088.m2428.l1313.TR0.TRC0.X2016+subaru+legacy+headlight&sqp=2016+subaru+legacy+headlight

If you're after the black housings, a set from a Premium or Limited will do the trick.

However if it's the forbidden fruit clear sidemarker you're wanting it's a bit more diffucult. As far as I know most overseas countries get them, however you'd need to import a set from a LHD country like Germany. Ones from Japan or Australia will have a backwards beam pattern compared to ours.

Plus, overseas cars have LED low beams. Chances are it's not an easy plug-n-play swap.

And that's why I stuck some black vinyl over mine and called it a day;) repurposed some leftovers from my roof wrap. Not too hard to make just took some time. As a sidenote, I'd be happy to scan my templates and send as a PDF or whatever to anyone wanting them. If you'd rather buy precut ones see this thread: http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/138-gen-5-2015-present/333825-tinted-amber-headlight-reflector-overlays.html

http://i.imgur.com/tq0pjjE.jpg

Does anyone know where one can get there hands on these headlight housings? i wanted to switch out my stock halogen housings and put these in.

The primary issue with them is that they are often for left hand traffic and not right hand traffic so the light pattern is the wrong way causing opposing traffic to get a lot of glares.

Bad light adjustment can be a cop magnet too.

The side marker issue can probably be solved one way or another, check the legislation for what's required.

453747.png

The side marker issue can probably be solved one way or another, check the legislation for what's required.

USA requires the orange but I doubt any cop is gonna notice an incorrect colored sidemarker. A lot of people buy clear ones from overseas and swap, it's much easier when it's a separate lens.

USA requires the orange but I doubt any cop is gonna notice an incorrect colored sidemarker. A lot of people buy clear ones from overseas and swap, it's much easier when it's a separate lens.

We don't have side markers at all on passenger cars. Only required on vehicles above a certain length.

But my consideration was that it would be possible to mount a separate marker to solve the problem.

453747.png

If it's not too much trouble could you post the template please?

Sure...might have to remind me if they're not up in the next day or two:p

We don't have side markers at all on passenger cars. Only required on vehicles above a certain length.

But my consideration was that it would be possible to mount a separate marker to solve the problem.

So behind your clear reflector there's no bulb? Weird...

Sure...might have to remind me if they're not up in the next day or two:p

So behind your clear reflector there's no bulb? Weird...

No side marker at all, it's a US specific thing. What we have in the headlight assembly is:

1. LED low beam in projector.

2. Turn indicator.

3. Halogen high beam.

4. Ordinary bulb position light in the high beam part.

453747.png

• 4 weeks later...
Just a friendly reminder about posting the template. Thanks.

Told you I'd forget:lol:

It's 3:20 AM and I just went out and dug around in my garage but can't find them. I'll look again when I'm more awake and alert. They're probably right in front of my face lol.

Archived