LegacyGT.com

AccessTuner (Race?)

Hello all. Recently purchased a secondhand Accessport V2 for my 2010 Legacy GT. When I purchased an AccessPort for my last Subaru, AccessTuner Race was free. Now it looks like Cobb has put it behind a $150 paywall :rolleyes:. I am curious if anyone has the installer for the AccessTuner for 2010 Legacy GT?

I've found other versions and am able to install using my AP's serial, however without a version specifically for the 2010 Legacy I am SOL.

Any help appreciated!

MK

Last I heard AccessTuner has been decommissioned, or at least is no longer offered, supported. Maybe that's just for certain/newer model Subarus.

Perhaps someone on here has what you need from years prior or their previous car (5th gen) days. We have a few guys who used to own 5th gens and have since moved on to 6th gens, VA WRXs, etc.

Yep, you have to take EFI classes and pass them before Cobb gives you the ability to tune your own car. It just recently became conditionally available but Cobb pulled it from public download a year or two ago. I'm gonna guess a bunch of vaping millenial Subaru fanbois were tuning their own cars, blowing them up and then trying to blame Cobb, you know, because lack of personal accountability and sense of consequences. I'm sure Cobb saw it as a liability, that's why they pulled it.

You need to go to one of their EFI classes in order to get it now, its no longer available for free to the public.

Why do you need it?

-Brian

I would like the flexibility of being able to tune my own vehicle.

From what I can tell from trial and error, is that if I can get an old copy of AccessTuner Race for a 2010 Legacy GT I will be able to input my AP's serial during the install and it will function OK.

MK

IIRC, my version required I send the AP serial number to cobb and then they sent me a download link. I am pretty sure it is AP specific not model specific.

That's what I remember from my Forester (in 2013, 2007/2008 Forester XT version). As a test, I found the installer and tried it just now.

The installer waits for an AccessPort, which I connect (my new one, different serial). Install proceeds and completes. AccessTuner opens, runs, etc..

I'm hoping that the same will happen with the 2010 Legacy GT version.

MK

It mostly likely won't work, but if you somehow get it to do so then awesome. I tried and failed earlier this year and proceeded with getting an E-tune.

If it doesn't, that's OK, I just want to try it myself and verify that it indeed doesn't work. I've been successful with several other versions, just not with the version I actually need for my Legacy.

MK

Archived