LegacyGT.com

Help!!!

I'm looking for someone near me in CT that can take a look at my LGT. Last night I was coming home and the car lost power. I step on the gas and nothing would happen. I stop at a red light and the car starts shaking like it almost wanted to die and the the CEL came on followed by a knocking sound. I was able to get myself home. The car was able to accelerate and create boost, it just wasn't immediate. I checked all the fluids and changed the spark plugs about a month ago. :spin::spin:

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

That will help some.

Read the sticky's at the tops of the forums. Failed engines and/or turbo's are common.

How long have you owned the car ?

I have the code reader directions in my photobucket , but can't post it here at work.

May be google search for it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Yes the motor still has oil in it. Last night i bought a code reader and here is the list of codes i got.

P0304, P0102, P0113, P0700, P0725, P0011, P0021

Car has approx 164k on it. I was told by the previous owner that he had the timing belt done. It ran perfect until now.

That P0011 and P0021 are known to be the death codes for the turbo.

You'll want to at least have the banjo filter removed form the back of the passenger side head.

Listen to the turbo, if it's loud or makes a whistle sound stop driving the car and pull the dwon pipe and check the turbo for shaft play.

I'm hoping the other codes are all caused by those two.

The cylinder 4 misfire, could be burnt valves if that pops up by itself.

Do you know there is a sticky up top with the codes ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Drain the oil and make sure there are no metal particles. That is sign of rod bearing failure. If so, then new shortblock (1800$) if not you might be able to get away with a few oil changes and a new turbo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Also the oil cooler and oil pump have been known to hold onto metal particles and release them at a later date.

Here's my story, I got luck, no metal in the oil.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/142-000-miles-oem-turbo-168561.html

After further investigation, my LGT is going to need a new short block. I will be posting it up for sale. Not sure if i should part it out or sell it whole. Anyone interested Pm me.

Who's doing the block? Just getting a new oem or? Mike can rebuild a EJ25x for you , or atleast take yours off your hands

We are out of Vernon

-B

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived