LegacyGT.com

Show me your Redline Goods shift boots and arm rests....

I got around to installing my armrest cover. It matches quite well with the rest of the interior, especially the cheap aliexpress steering wheel cover with red stitching. Super happy with how it turned out!

Could you post a pic of the steering wheel cover? I'm more interested on how the fitment looks.

My wife's balls are delicious.

• 2 months later...

Finicky little thing, but it only took about 30 minutes. Stuck the stock one inside of it as a template to locate the slots in the leather. Fits great! Thank you Redline Goods!

59caf4832b6d26ba7c4b3f0db5593677.jpg

d48f377e6beb994f3c5ac2495b5fe29e.jpg

Pic installed in the car as soon as I finish my lighted cup holder project.

Fock!! Getting the new Redline shifter boot and frame back into the console trim is a bitch!!! The new leather is much thicker than the stock pleather crap. Any tips? I'm considering soaking the bottom part around the frame in the water with hopes of softening it just enough to compress it more.

I got around to installing my armrest cover. It matches quite well with the rest of the interior, especially the cheap aliexpress steering wheel cover with red stitching. Super happy with how it turned out!

I've had armrest covers that slipped off constantly. How does this one perform

Fock!! Getting the new Redline shifter boot and frame back into the console trim is a bitch!!!...

My recollection of the install is that getting the leather over the ring frame was the hardest part. Let us know what works!

My recollection of the install is that getting the leather over the ring frame was the hardest part. Let us know what works!

Getting it over the frame was no big deal at all. But the thickness of the leather is making it impossible to get the ring frame snapped into the console cover.

Getting it over the frame was no big deal at all. But the thickness of the leather is making it impossible to get the ring frame snapped into the console cover.

I don't recall any issues, but I have a 2 panel one instead of the four panel - is it just the stitching that is causing the issue? wetting the leather definitely might help get it in there.

Finicky little thing, but it only took about 30 minutes. Stuck the stock one inside of it as a template to locate the slots in the leather. Fits great! Thank you Redline Goods!

59caf4832b6d26ba7c4b3f0db5593677.jpg

d48f377e6beb994f3c5ac2495b5fe29e.jpg

Pic installed in the car as soon as I finish my lighted cup holder project.

A couple ideas...

1. Shave or grind off some of the plastic on the ring in the corners to make room for the leather a mm or 2 will do.

2. On the side of the ring with no clips, bow in the ring to decrease the overall diameter of the fixture to get the opposite two corners in, then fist the focker in.

3. Silicone spray or some KY [emoji3]

May want to do a little research before you try this, but I believe you can soak leather in water to get it to be more pliable, then you can roll a washer or quarter or something over the seam to smoosh it thinner.

That's a bummer. Have you tried heating it up while it's wet? Just to break it in a bit. I've had to do this with new boots before to soften/break them in. Is it not fitting in the hole or is it not voing in far enough to clip in? If it just won't clip in, you might be able to shave some plastic off the bottom of the ring where it wraps around to make up for it. My only other thoughts would be to make a new custom ring and fasten it from the underside of the console. Either way good luck.

Maybe try hammering the seams flat with a dead blow hammer? There is also "excess" material on the inside that you could trim (just don't trim the stitching itself) to try and make a little more space.

If you are willing to mess with the ring, you could probably hit it with a heat gun and push the corner in a tad and see if that helps.

Did you use one of their heavier leathers, or just the standard stuff? it's got to be the stitching that's causing the problem if you used the standard stuff - my 2 panel went in no problem.

I too have a Redline shifter boot and armrest cover. I've had mine for at least three years. Install, if I recall, was a bear because of the issues you're having GTeaser. But I managed to squeeze it in. But I think the big swings in temperatures around here have worked to push the front of the boot cover out of where it's supposed to be. I'll be fixing that this weekend.

console1.jpg.6fad12f474e1e57b17cc030049b3c2d9.jpg

console2.jpg.d6126686a82a52e3dbdeaa81f83304c8.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived