LegacyGT.com

Show me your Redline Goods shift boots and arm rests....

Show me pics of your custom Redline Goods shift boots and arm rests please. Looking to get some bling for my interior. Thinking about doing the Nappa Black Leather with Red (JDM) stitching in stock stitching layout, but want to see some other variants of stitching and color patterns.

Please specify the grade of leather/fabric and color of stitching that you ordered. You are welcome to post your stuff from another brand as well.

A couple questions, because your pic reminded me I wanted to order that console.

Will the Redline boot for the USDM Legacy fit the JDM console?

Order from JapanParts or can I get it thru a US dealer?

What is the largest diameter drink cup you can fit in the JDM cupholder? Smaller than the USDM one?

Not the greatest picture, but I have shift, ebrake, armrest cover. The grey stitching on the armrest cover is a little frayed looking now (dog steps on it) rest has held up great. I should retake this picture, but that would require cleaning my car.

http://i.imgur.com/kxYaCnG.jpg

A couple questions, because your pic reminded me I wanted to order that console.

What is the largest diameter drink cup you can fit in the JDM cupholder? Smaller than the USDM one?

I remember testa saying that the JDM cupholders are quite a bit smaller than USDM, and won't fit much more than cans I think. I'll direct him here for a response.

I ordered standard leather, charcoal with medium grey stripes, and red stitching to match my cheap chinese steering wheel cover. Also got the extra padding. It shipped yesterday, so i should have it within the next week and a half. I'm wondering if I should have just gone solid charcoal instead of stripes :/

Absolutely - the issue isn't that the boot won't fit, it's that the plastic ring you have to transfer from the OEM boot to secure it in place is different for the JDM and USDM parts - the corners on the USDM trim are sharper on one side, so the ring is slightly larger than the one for the JDM boot - you can make it fit, but it buckles and leaves a gap between the boot and the trim.

I bought everything through JapanParts when I got mine (the JDM boot was actually added to their product list because of me finding out the hard way that I needed it)

I just measured both - the JDM is 3 inches in diameter, and the USDM one is about 3.25-3.3 inches in diameter. I have never had an issue with anything I put in there, but the largest thing I have tried is a large coffee cup from Starbucks and drink containers from places like McDonalds (I don't usually eat/drink while driving, so even if those didn't fit, I wouldn't have cared).

Just installed tonight, hence the dark pics. Nothing out of the ordinary. Black leather shift boot with medium gray thread. Matches the stock arm rest pretty well.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x135/NVAKeith/LGT/9BFDC0C8-9DFB-4102-AB4C-1C0AB784B484_zpsnjttcqeb.jpg

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x135/NVAKeith/LGT/6F5BD739-1CE1-427B-940D-69A55C141CB2_zpsni2hljcw.jpg

I went with black leather, with a black leather perforated center panel, and silver stitching

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4355119&postcount=5

These parts are not listed on the japanparts site. Do I need to send them a message to order them for me?

Cover: 92122AJ100 (silver trim part)

Boot Assy: 92123AJ000 (necessary because the corners on the JDM trim are different than USDM)

Cupholder Assy (w/lens): 92134AJ000 (the lens is in case you want to add interior illumination)

Also, was the shift boot you ordered from Redline an exact copy of the JDM one, and is it different than the USDM one, or will the USDM boot work on the JDM ring?

These parts are not listed on the japanparts site. Do I need to send them a message to order them for me?

Cover: 92122AJ100 (silver trim part)

Boot Assy: 92123AJ000 (necessary because the corners on the JDM trim are different than USDM)

Cupholder Assy (w/lens): 92134AJ000 (the lens is in case you want to add interior illumination)

Also, was the shift boot you ordered from Redline an exact copy of the JDM one, and is it different than the USDM one, or will the USDM boot work on the JDM ring?

Sorry - the part numbers are the part numbers off of the packaging for the parts - on the JapanParts site, it is usually the first sequence of numbers, then they have their own part number associated with it. To find the parts, go to their site, select "Subaru", then go to "Subaru, Legacy 2009-11 BM/BR A-C Liberty" then under Exterior/Interior, select "Interior-Others" and they are in there on the 3rd and 4th pages. For the cupholder, select silver with lens (or get the one without the lens), and for the shift lever cover, select "Silver 6 M/T".

Here are the numbers on their website (tried searching using their part numbers and it didn't work... so best to drill down through the menu)

Cupholder Assy (w/lens): 92134AJ000 - 92134 CUP HOLDER (Japan parts no. 444-036-004)

Cover: 92122AJ100 - 92122F COVER, SHIFT LEVER (japan parts no. 444-036-005)

Boot Assy: 92123AJ000 - 92123 BOOT, SHIFT LEVER (japanparts no 444-036-006)

I don't know if there is a difference between the actual boot part of the USDM and JDM shift boots - comparing the two side by side (and not knowing which one is which as I didn't label them) they are the same - no difference I can see in length, tabs, etc. - the difference between the two assemblies was the plastic ring that the boot attaches onto - that was definitely different. When I ordered my shift boot from Redlinegoods, I didn't know the JDM part was different, and just ordered as though it was a USDM car (I don't think there is even an option for JDM) thinking everything else would fit fine like it did with the automatic cars...

Well, I got my padded armrest today. The quality is fantastic! Unfortunately, it will be going up for sale in the classifieds as the charcoal is waaaaaay lighter than it looked in the photos. I should have gone black.

The one I ordered is padded, charcoal with medium gray stripes, and red stitching. I'll make a post with pics tonight. It will look great on a lighter interior. Sigh.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Archived