LegacyGT.com

Remove actual tangible buzzer for key in/seatbelts

I'm no search newb. I disabled it in my 99 legacy, but I'm trying to actually take something out and hammer it to death. Or at least unsolder it. I don't get it.... Apparently there's two options. I don't care about seat belt chime. I care about key in ignition which I can't fix because it's currently an auto(is there a way to remove the lock in the shifter so it doesn't matter?) I don't give a sh+t biscuit if I lock my keys in my car. Way better option than hearing a loud ass beep. Anyways... The chime as far as I can tell comes from the speedometer (mph) cluster. I've taken everything else out and that is where is comes from. However, there is no 'buzzer' to be seen, so I am beyond confused. Accordingly to Google no one has actually considered that. Just ******* with wiring, which with an auto isn't an option. I miss my audi for this reason.

The noise making is in the dash/gauge cluster. I don't have a picture of it but when you remove the dash cluster (which is only 8 screws and 4 wire connectors) you'll see on the back of the cluster is a green thin plastic circuit board, in the one corner of the board is a little silver cylindrical unit, that's the noise maker, and it's only soldered in a few places, it's an easy removal.

Archived