LegacyGT.com

Xtreme Racing Tuning Christmas 2016 Special 25% Off

Timothy.B

Here's the Link to the Post and Pricing included

Hello everyone, there's a special going on for 25% off all turbo, N/A and transmission tuning.

I can't speak for all tuners, I'm certain there are many great tuners out there and everyone will go where they feel is best. I'm going entirely from my experience and others. Although, you really can't make a wrong choice here.

The price. I've gathered that a lot of people don't want to pay that much for a tune. What you're paying for here isn't just a custom tune with a few ROM revisions. Ed will continue to help until you are happy. You can find this in many customer reviews so far. His response time is like non-other. I've logged and sent at 3AM and woken up to a new ROM in my email. We also have a helpful bunch of guys in chat. It's almost worth it just to have some Subie enthusiasts to help you out with something car related.

I used to be paranoid when I started tuning, thought I would brick my ECU. I've flashed a bunch of times now and feel far less worried about it now. Even if the chance it happens, you can ship your ECU overnight to Tactrix and they'll unbrick it for you. $75 but not positive. Again, the helps there if needed.

I've heard comments on the "Computer Help" cost. Let me explain it a little better. If you can't figure out where to place the definition files, it's no biggie. But if you've never touched a laptop in your life and wouldn't know where to begin, peoples time = money thus the cost.

As for the diagnostic. Things do tend to pop up when you're tuning. This is why a well maintained car is important. If you're coming simply just because you're having issues with your car and don't want a tune or have finished tuning completely, there's the diagnostic cost.

Lastly, for my take on my cars performance. Before I started tuning, I thought my car was healthy, waiting for exhaust mods to be bolted up. I didn't expect that after 45k miles, my plugs were in bad shape and I had dirty injectors. I also didn't know that I had nasty amounts of pinging and knocking all over the place (even with 93 octane fuel). I would have kept running the heck out of my engine, unknowingly. It helps you become more aware of your vehicle and will help you maintain it for a longer period of time.

What's been done to the pedal and the transmission is pretty drastic and for the better. I've adjusted to the pedal response and now can easily move the car forward or launch it with a slight modulation of the throttle. The transmission downshifts very quickly compared to stock and shifts smoothly when simply cruising along. The only thing I wish is I had done this as soon as I got my car. No longer does it feel like I have a rubber band strapped gas pedal and now it's quick as a bee. My biggest gripe from day one.

The only downside I really see is some people may have issues with logging. With it being E-Tuning you need a flat stretch of road where you can log a full 2nd gear run. I've grown accustom to this. Some say "well you're not tuning on a dyno so it's not gonna be as good." That not entirely true. A lot of points are made in the thread here:

http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=122&t=677

I feel my money spent was well worth it and urge anyone whose sitting on edge of should I or shouldn't I, to just go for it.

Cheers and Happy Holidays, everyone.

Archived