LegacyGT.com

I snapped a vacuum line connection.. Help

chosenginger

So I was swapping out my stock inlet hose for a Perrin, and in the process of removing the intake manifold, I pulled on a small vacuum line a little too hard and snapped off a plastic nipple connection.. I need helping naming the part. With the vacuum leak, that car throws codes P2008 and P2012. They only started after the vacuum line break. Car has a rough idle, acceleration is rough, and little to no boost. The piece it connects to is under the manifold on the passenger side. First pic, circled is the part, you can see the open hole where the nipple snapped. Second pic is the other nipple the line connects to.

IMG_6246.thumb.JPG.a6f140eadb900f1966a9e1fadebf09a0.JPG

IMG_6251.thumb.JPG.a1486ab577d8937453c4177efcd9dfa0.JPG

You may be able to plug that hole with RTV or something and tap off another vacuum hose with a T fitting.

So it might not matter that the vacuum goes to the plastic piece? The plastic piece is directly behind all of sensors by the boost controller, thought maybe it had something to do with it..

Update: I had the hoses hooked up incorrectly. The hose in problem makes a 90 back towards the intercooler to the broken plastic piece. The new open nipple is directly off the front of the intake manifold behind the alternator. The hose I'm pointing to is the one that broke

IMG_6252.thumb.JPG.5f4eee759967932aae111fcb18d4ffcd.JPG

IMG_6253.thumb.JPG.256724d4916c054b29c1b3e6aa45fe05.JPG

So that nipple you broke, isn't on the intake manifold ?

Does this help ?

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN4750.jpg

from the other side,

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN4749.jpg

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The part does have two connections.. I'm thinking it's the purge solenoid. Anybody know if I absolutely HAVE to replace it? Right now, the nipple off the manifold is just capped, no CEL, and my car runs fine. And the nipple on the actual solenoid busted off inside the rock hard hose that was on it.. the reason I ask if it HAS to be replaced is because it looks like I'd pull my manifold to get to it again.. PITA

If it comes to that. I found it easier to lift the entire intake system by unbolting it from the heads. It may seem like a bit more work, but once the fuel lines are off at the left fender, the coolant lines at the turbo tank. A few electrical connectors, the whole thing just lifts off.

Just a thought.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The part does have two connections.. I'm thinking it's the purge solenoid. Anybody know if I absolutely HAVE to replace it? Right now, the nipple off the manifold is just capped, no CEL, and my car runs fine. And the nipple on the actual solenoid busted off inside the rock hard hose that was on it.. the reason I ask if it HAS to be replaced is because it looks like I'd pull my manifold to get to it again.. PITA

That's all part of the evap system, the 'passive' purge valve on usdm cars is not on any other LGT that I have seen. It's also a $50+ part the last time I looked.

The only thing it does is to only allow the evap system to open under boost. Without it, the electronic solinod is what controls the evap system.

It's also the source of the blue tee issues.

Remove the plastic solinod.

Remove inter cooler

Remove blue tee.

Remove the short piece of hose attached to blue tee

reattach bpv/bov to intake manifold

Attach new line in place of the plastic solinoid.

Archived