LegacyGT.com

Introducing JohnnyWas & The Turbo Hearse

JohnnyWas

Hey man loving the look of your wagon. Just was wondering did you have to get adjustable arms in the rear or were you able to get your toe within factory spec using the stock adjustment? I'm looking to get coilovers and run a similar height to your car and am unsure whether or not I would need adjustable arms. Thanks!

Sorry for never replying! Stock arms. The alignment is close enough to stock toe that my tread-wear & grip is totally livable. Plan is to beef things up quite a bit this summer, and aftermarket arms will totally be necessary.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry for never replying! Stock arms. The alignment is close enough to stock toe that my tread-wear & grip is totally livable. Plan is to beef things up quite a bit this summer, and aftermarket arms will totally be necessary.

No worries at all! I guess if you're just playing around with natural camber stock arms are fine for the most part although the extra adjustability of aftermarket arms would be awesome.

Love the wheel color and stance!

Thank you. It's my plan to powdercoat them in SBC come springtime. With the facelift and power mods by then, it'll be an entirely different car!

I saw this. Wish I could manage that pricetag right now!! :icon_cry:

• 2 weeks later...
Damn you dude, that thing is fresh. I'm contemplating coilovers so I can get that fitment like yours, I've got too much gap. Which ones are you using and how do you like em?

I’m on Tein Flex Coilovers. They’re honestly just OK. A little less harsh than the Cuscos I had on my WRX, but nowhere near as responsive / forgiving as the BC + Swift Spring coilovers I had on my Lexus.

Mind you I’m driving in NYC. The roads leave little room for comfort as is, but I plan on swapping the Teins out come spring. Likely do another custom BC setup when the time comes.

Looks great! I definitely know that feeling and totally agree!

Something so nerve-wracking about buying everything sight-unseen from overseas; especially when everything among these kouki models is so goddamn proprietary! Hahaha. So happy it all panned out.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
If only the legacy stance kids could take notes from you more often

Going for S402 look ?

That's a high compliment. Thanks haha

And yeah. Basically. I'm a pragmatist, and I feel like if you're going to celebrate the true nature of a car, you might as well go in the direction of what the car itself is asking for - not what everybody else is doing at the car meets. IMO, that is lol

Yeah

That is why I have always went towards the S20X look on my wrx and using mostly oem parts.

Almost all the aftermarket parts companies are lacking in QC and fitment

• 2 months later...

http://i68.tinypic.com/29pvt5w.jpg

My hands have been pretty full with the Datsun lately, trying to get it road-worthy for the summer. That being said, the Legacy has been unfairly neglected of late. The wagon is on the hoist as we speak, and it may stay there for a while, as my to-do list is entirely maxed out. SMH

Archived