LegacyGT.com

Db 20g 5eat

whoopwhoop

Fuel pump for an Sti & LGT are different. Only Avo makes a direct fit, but the other pumps can be made to fit. and of course there is always boost-a-pump!:hide:

As for your other parts, I would seriously reconsider the Nismo 720's. At the very least, make sure your tuner is very familiar with them, as they are tougher to tune than other injector's. Not for max power, but for drivability. If you are confident in your tuner's abilites, then you'll be fine.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stay away from the perrin modifieds. They take the cap completely off causing inconsistant, nonlinear flow. Atomization is also comprimised. The Deatschwerks are the best Subaru injectors I've worked with to date with the Nismos being a close second. You can get a completely stock like idle, drivability and response with these injectors. The Helix 860cc and PE 850cc injectors are the same injector... just rebadged. While I've tuned many of these injectors and you can get the car running decently on them, once you tune with a great injector like the Deatschwerks or Nismo, you really don't ever want to go back to the PE/Helix... they're simply too laggy. The other nice thing about the Deatschwerks is that each set is flow tested/matched and comes with a flow sheet for each injector.

Thanks

-- Ed

from thread http://www.iwsti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84845&page=2

just curious as to why NISMO 720cc is not good.. is it becuase of drivability or just not enough power.

peace

These have very different latencies, and make tuning them more difficult. The DW's electrically are identical to stock, only the screens/tips are changed, to allow for more flow. So they are super easy to tune, whereas the Nismo's will need more work. Now if your tuner has tuned them successfully before, then you will be fine. If they haven't tuned on Nismo's, be prepared for multiple trips to him to get them dialed in if at all. Like I was saying, the injector's are very good, but you have to know how to tune them. Not all tuner's can, I personally know 3 prominent Subaru tuner's who cannot tune them, and I tried in vein as well.

For 7 months, I had to live with crappy cold starts, misfire cel's, coughing spitting, bucking, and in general very inconsistent part throttle behavior. This was after having the brand new injector's flow tested, latency tested, and cleaned & balanced. So it was not an injector issue, but a tuning one. It isn't just me, I know of a few other's with them and have the same problems. I was just trying to help you out in avoiding these headaches while you still can change parts, w/o losing more time or $$$...

I have had the same injectors on when in mammoth, car buried in snow overnight...started up fine, smooth & steady...

I guess i'd have to agree with Edmundu on this...it's a good piece of hardware, it just take a person well versed in tuning them to make them work...

~Sucka-Duck~

Fuel pump for an Sti & LGT are different. Only Avo makes a direct fit...

it's only direct fit if you order the whole basket assembly and pay the extra $46. otherwise you still have to grind down the 3 ribs to get it to seat properly.

Archived