LegacyGT.com

Db 20g 5eat

whoopwhoop

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How are you leaving ?? Are you stalling the car up to the brake stall rpm like you should? Autos get the atvantage of brake stalling under load and building up some nice boost off the line.

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

That converter may very well be setup wrong for your setup. Stall torque ratio of the converter could be all wrong. A good converter will multiply trq and still remain efficient. FWIW in my LS1 the Yank converter I have is among the best out there. It's the third one I have had in the car bumping the STR up every time at my request. I dont know if he works on Subaru converters but Mike Sienna is the owner and a great guy. I would not put a Protorque converter in my SS if it were given to me for free and I drive by Protorque every day on my way to work. They are right here on Long Island.

After doing alot of research our stock converter may actually be just fine for up to 400ftlb. Are there other options......yes ...but I truly do not think they are worth the down time & driveability changes for a daily driver;:

We will find out soon enough...I will have about 380-390 on 93oct

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

After doing alot of research our stock converter may actually be just fine for up to 400ftlb. Are there other options......yes ...but I truly do not think they are worth the down time & driveability changes for a daily driver;:

We will find out soon enough...I will have about 380-390 on 93oct

Can't wait to see how that does on the track :icon_lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On my STI i had the Perrin mufflers and swore no more aftermarket mufflers again. that car was soo stupid loud. I hated it.

the greddy exhuast for the lgt is hawt

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

Pretty much the same.

The car is pretty slow off the line, unless you power jack the car. It is very good for a daily driver except the first 3 seconds as it builds boost.

I would like to either try a new TQ Conv or a smaller turbo for more go off the line. The mid and top end are a blast for sure.

Pretty much the same.

The car is pretty slow off the line, unless you power jack the car. It is very good for a daily driver except the first 3 seconds as it builds boost.

I would like to either try a new TQ Conv or a smaller turbo for more go off the line. The mid and top end are a blast for sure.

So its pretty laggy, any dyno numbers?

I would most likely send the TQ conv back to them again and make sure they understand what my mods are. I just dont think they had done any 5EAT at the time I sent them mine.

No dyno numbers for the subbie but my twin turbo corvette did over 800RWHP :icon_mrgr

• 3 months later...
Any news?

Nothing new really.

I sold my TT Vette back in Sept, so i dont have another car to drive around while this one would be down.

So I have basically just left it alone for now, I think I have gotten used to how it drives and how the turbo spools.

I tried to do a mapping to send back to guys that did the tune but for some reason it wouldnt read the RPM on the laptop. I reinstalled the software, nothing, reconnected the ports nothing. So not sure whats up there.

Maybe this spring I will get back into it again.

Looks like the vette was fun! I have a newC6 and a SL:icon_wink W Buick GN in my stable.

I'm looking for a little more info on the aftermarket converter. Did you feel it helped the spoolup?

You never foot brake and give it a hard launch??

Any idea what type of power our brakes can hold??

I put up to3/4 power footbraking all the time on my GN. It does no harm, but makes a little heat.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

can someone give me some slight advice on my upcoming turbo upgrade mods?

here is what i will be putting in my LGT 5EAT.

20G turbo

Sti intake manifold

Sti TMIC

NISMO 720 cc injector

Is there anything that I am missing from the list? I know besides the fuel pump, should i get teh pump for an LGT or for an STI??

peace

Archived