LegacyGT.com

Condensation in headlights

It is normal.

Could be that the seal on the headlight itself has broken or failed, allowing water to leak in. Or it could be that the gasket on the bulb cap is misaligned, dirty, or kinked. Twist the cap off the back and let the interior lamp housing dry, fully. Then check the rubber gasket before carefully re-installing. Sometimes I put a little mineral oil or other lube on the rubber to make sure that it doesn't get bunched up. If after reinstalling everything, the condensation still comes back, you may need to reseal the lamp. High-temp silicone works well.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

I am fairly sure the lights are not sealed air tight. Seeing as how I have wasps in mine. So somehow water got into the vents or ports in your lights. To get it out you will probably need to take the lights out at the very least, or take them apart worst case. It would be a great time to mod them!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I am fairly sure the lights are not sealed air tight. Seeing as how I have wasps in mine. So somehow water got into the vents or ports in your lights. To get it out you will probably need to take the lights out at the very least, or take them apart worst case. It would be a great time to mod them!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

There should be drain vents, but the interior won't always dry faster than the water piles up. Opening up the back of the lamp usually does the trick.

It all depends how much water is getting in, and where. On my Saabaru there was a small break in the seal on top, but it was right where the hood line was, so water was channeled in whenever it rained. The headlight looked like a fishbowl :eek:

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

Yep, fairly easy to take apart (with a heat gun and some patience). Use "rubber butyl glue", can get a roll of it for cheap on ebay etc. While you have it apart, might as well throw some HID projectors in there (and paint the surrounds black) ;)

I started some research after you said something. I have a limited 13, most of my housings are black already, and their is a projector in there. Can I just put an HID bulb in and use the factory projector? And since I have your attention, instead of opening a new thread, my passenger side door lock switches don't illuminate red like the rest of them, is it supposed to? Or does it remain unlit?

You could, but you're still putting a rebased bulb in a halogen projector. Or you can grab "black series" projectors (or another projector of choice, like Mini D2S 4.0) from the retrofit source and D2S bulb like Philips 85122 + Denso slim (or DLT F3) ballasts and have a much better output.

Archived