LegacyGT.com

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT Outback w/ JMP52

Figured I might as well document my dyno numbers to add to the catalog of happy JMP turbo users. Here's the meat n' potatoes:

Maximum Power Run

Power: 302awhp @5400rpm

Torque: 323lb/ft @3100rpm

30452070251_441e0f0f00_h.jpg

Safe/Reliable Run

Power: 268awhp @5500rpm

Torque: 255lb/ft @4600rpm

30422726652_ea00758819_h.jpg

Dyno Conditions

Dyno: DynoJet

Temperature: ~Room Temp

Humidity: 26%

Presure: 29.41 in/Hg

Elevation: 206 Meters

Mod List

-Brand new OEM Shortblock

-B25 Heads rebuilt by Thirlby Automotive on Traverse City, MI (Highly recommended!)

-JMP Custom52

-GrimmSpeed 38mm EWG Up-pipe

-TiAl MV-S External Wastegate (1 Bar spring(s) installed)

-Cobb EBCS

-Cobb 5EAT Catted Downpipe

-GrimmSpeed Top Mount

-Turbosmart Kompact BPV

-GrimmSpeed CAI

-TGV's Deleted, (separator plate left in-tact)

-ID1000 Top Feed Conversion

-Injector Dynamics Braided Lines

-Deatschwerks DW65c

(I think that's all... I've done so much work I can't remember anymore.)

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

Fuel? Did Graham tune it?

Yessir, Graham did tune it. Save for my stupid fuel harmonic at 2800(which is mechanical and totally out of his control) it's been fantastic so far!

Fuel was Shell 93 octane. E85 numbers will come this spring, he's pretty sure we could top 300 with the same conservative tuning efforts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

• 11 months later...

Just checking back with a little one year update. :)

Wagon still runs well, very well in fact. Boost peaks between 17-18psi depending on how cool temps are, injector duty cycle tops out around 67% in colder temps, with AFR's in the low to mid 10's depending on load and engine speed. This tune is by far the best, and most well developed, that I have ever had on the wagon. Can't thank graham enough.

A realistic reference 1/4 mile time for a VF52 setup on a limited 5EAT wagon on an 85 degree day, brake boosting to 1200rpm to take slack out of the drivetrain. I was the right lane, and a stage 2 2016 WRX in the left launching HARD to try and avoid the shame:

36952809334_145e5f7c00_b.jpg

Another thing I've noticed: The wagon really doesn't feel fast and punch below highways speeds anymore. I think it's a combination of more turbo lag, and relative power at lower speeds vs higher speeds. My VF46 punched very hard early on, and held till redline, but started choking at higher speeds. My current setup *seemingly* has just as much power available powering down a straight at 100mph as it does playing racecar on backroads at half the speed. I really appreciate the linear powerband I've got.

Have you thought about adding the tranny cooler and the HEXMOD's valve body and upping the HP ?

I actually do have a modified valve body. At this power level, my old trans only lasted a month before 3-5th started slipping bad and eventually the center diff ate itself. I got in touch with Dave, and after a bit of talking we realized I was fully capable of modifying the VB myself. So I bought the TransGo kit and gave it a go. I can't thank him enough for all his help, and for that sweet walkthrough he wrote. I also have a set of his bulletproof diff bearings sitting on my bench... I'm really lamenting that one. An ATF cooler is in the works. I had a small cooler on there, but have now removed it as I'm done with track/autocross for the season(financially! lol). One of my "next year" plans is a thermostat regulated external ATF cooler and an aluminum radiator as well. I may very well venture into adding a small external oil cooler as well, in the name of safety, which would only be plumbed during the summer.

Regarding power: My initial plan was to eventually run ethanol thanks to it's proximity and accessibility in my area. I'm sure I'd be at or above 300 hp/tq at that point... but the rest of the car still needs work before I put more money into power modifications. I really want to get my suspension/bracing fully sorted and ideally get a beefier Fuel pump/regulator/damper setup before I start down all that road, since all of those fueling changes will require a re-tune anywho.

In the end, it really just comes down to the fact that all of this gets very expensive after a certain point when you're trying to do things properly, so I'm working on a long term basis. :)

• 2 months later...
Just checking back with a little one year update. :)

Wagon still runs well, very well in fact. Boost peaks between 17-18psi depending on how cool temps are, injector duty cycle tops out around 67% in colder temps, with AFR's in the low to mid 10's depending on load and engine speed. This tune is by far the best, and most well developed, that I have ever had on the wagon. Can't thank graham enough.

A realistic reference 1/4 mile time for a VF52 setup on a limited 5EAT wagon on an 85 degree day, brake boosting to 1200rpm to take slack out of the drivetrain. I was the right lane, and a stage 2 2016 WRX in the left launching HARD to try and avoid the shame:

36952809334_145e5f7c00_b.jpg

Another thing I've noticed: The wagon really doesn't feel fast and punch below highways speeds anymore. I think it's a combination of more turbo lag, and relative power at lower speeds vs higher speeds. My VF46 punched very hard early on, and held till redline, but started choking at higher speeds. My current setup *seemingly* has just as much power available powering down a straight at 100mph as it does playing racecar on backroads at half the speed. I really appreciate the linear powerband I've got.

Nice build! This is interesting when you mention The VF46. With the Accessport TA map I get a 1.99s 60 foot. But she dies out pretty quick in the later gears at high RPM. I need to figure out why it auto shifts from 2nd to third at 4500 RPM when I'm in Manual mode. With my open source tune that's not an issue:-) Soon to be VF52 with a EL header:)

Edited by awesterner

• 3 years later...