LegacyGT.com

20g-xtr 5eat dyno number??

Leggy GT

I know the 5eat sucks up quite a bit of power but these numbers seem really low it's tuned via speed density and has all supporting mods needed including a built short block and ipt tranny. The drive ability is poor also. Its seems like it spools terribly late. I just expected a little bit more from 22.5 psi from this set up. Does anyone have any recommendations for tuners in the Mid Atlantic region that may have experience tuning 5eats. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Dyno sheet with numbers attached.

IMG_2153.thumb.JPG.cefef2ea1a85628d7ad397c9cc1ca3ce.JPG

I know the 5eat sucks up quite a bit of power but these numbers seem really low it's tuned via speed density and has all supporting mods needed including a built short block and ipt tranny. The drive ability is poor also. Its seems like it spools terribly late. I just expected a little bit more from 22.5 psi from this set up. Does anyone have any recommendations for tuners in the Mid Atlantic region that may have experience tuning 5eats. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Dyno sheet with numbers attached.

Thats really not right. Quick4dr is running a 1.5xtr and putting down 350ish hp/tq. Idk mid Atlantic but if you ever have plans to be in the tristate area, we have efi which are well versed in 5eats. You can also check out cryo or tuning alliance for etunes .

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

You could always try Edward from XRT as well.

http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=116

Here's a few Turbo Outback 5EAT's that he's tuned.

I'm not boosted but he's done some fancy things with my 5EAT. It grabs really good on take off. Way better than stock. He also changed shift points so it'll hold gears a little longer instead of trying to shift to 5th really quick. Shifts are a bit firmer and quicker, especially downshifting. He has different levels he can tune the 5EAT towards too. All in all, I'm very happy with it.

He's very good with diagnosing issues as well.

He's located in Barbados so e-tuning would be the only option, although nothing wrong with that. He's very quick to reply to questions and with ROM revisions.

Here's another link to some more info. We also have a group so in case you have any car related questions, someone can most likely help you out.

Where are you in VA? Here are a few reputable shops you could call to talk with:

- IAG: iagperformance.com

- TurboXS / Andrewtech Automotive: andrewtechautomotive.com

- Mach V: machv.com

Virginia Beach. It was tuned by All Aspects. They can tune well with manuals but I don't think they have much experience with a 5eat. I was thinking about making a trip down to Motion Lab in Charlotte. Has anyone here heard anything about them?

Why do the runs start at 3.6k? Shouldnt you be starting it much earlier?

I'm unsure but I have seen some 5eat dyno graphs start the pull right around 2k as if it were a manual. I'm not sure why my pulls start so late.

He's located in Barbados so e-tuning would be the only option, although nothing wrong with that. He's very quick to reply to questions and with ROM revisions.

Here's another link to some more info. We also have a group so in case you have any car related questions, someone can most likely help you out.

This is really great info! Looks like he works magic with these transmissions.

It does look like shifting is a lot better! The way mine drives, its like it bogs down at part throttle and normal city driving she only goes when you floor it . It also bogs down between shifts in the higher gears.

Why are you on a SD setup for this? Prob not needed. Do you have a wideband? List your full mods please =)

If so we could etune it for you. We've tuned alot of legacy 5EAT's.

-Brian

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why are you on a SD setup for this? Prob not needed. Do you have a wideband? List your full mods please =)

If so we could etune it for you. We've tuned alot of legacy 5EAT's.

-Brian

My tuner recommended it since the MAF was having some high voltage issues. But it probably wasn't needed as you've mentioned. Yes I have a AEM Wideband and here are my mods.

Engine:

Built short block

Manley pistons

Manley H beam rods

ACL bearings

Manley stainless intake and heavy duty exhaust valves

ARP head studs

NGK step one colder plugs

Killer B oil pick up

Gates timing belt and water pump kit

TGV deletes

Intake/exhaust:

Cobb sf short ram

Perrin turbo inlet

Cobb uppipe

CNT catless downpipe

FMS catback

AVO throttle body hose

Cooling:

Mishimoto radiator

Mishimoto upper and lower hoses

Drivetrain:

Ipt built 5eat

Ipt valvebody

Ipt high stall tq convertor

Rallitek trans mount bushing

4454 tru cool for tranny cooler

Turbo:

Blouch 20G- XTR 8cm

Grimmspeed ebcs

Cobb xle bpv

AVO FMIC with custom hotside pipe for STI style turbo

Fueling:

DW265 in tank

ID 1000 cc injectors

ID top feed fuel injector conversion kit

• 1 month later...
Do you have any updates?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

No updates yet and there probably wont be for another two months because I got shipped off to Korea until February. I can not wait to get back and dig into this though!

• 3 months later...

***UPDATE***

I returned to the states a couple weeks ago and recently had a chance to get her retuned. I took her down to Motion Lab Tuning in Charlotte NC. I must say the tune is spot on and drive ability is a lot smoother and I have power where I need it. Well worth the trip time and money spent. Attached or the new numbers vs old numbers.

***UPDATE***

I returned to the states a couple weeks ago and recently had a chance to get her retuned. I took her down to Motion Lab Tuning in Charlotte NC. I must say the tune is spot on and drive ability is a lot smoother and I have power where I need it. Well worth the trip time and money spent. Attached or the new numbers vs old numbers.

***UPDATE***

I returned to the states a couple weeks ago and recently had a chance to get her re-tuned. I took her down to Motion Lab Tuning in Charlotte NC. I must say the tune is spot on and drive ability is a lot smoother and I have power where I need it. Well worth the trip time and money spent. Attached or the new numbers vs old numbers.

That's considerably better!! I have a build going that is very similar to yours.

You've got to make us a video similar to the one just up thread here.

Archived